Springfield, Massachusetts-based Big Y Foods Inc. has announced the following new appointments to its management team.
They are listed by state and their hometown:
- Ann E. McKenzie has been promoted to deli sales manager, North Adams, Big Y World Class Market.
- David M. Placzek has been named senior center store sales manager, Springfield, Big Y Store Support Center.
- Michelle A. Bruneau has been promoted to store director, Stafford Springs, Connecticut, Big Y World Class Market.
- North Hatfield
- Meaghan L. Tetreault has been named senior manager employee relations and field services, Springfield, Big Y Store Support Center.
- West Springfield
- Egidio G. Giancola has been made operations manager, Springfield, Fresh and Local Distribution Center.
- East Haven
- Brian Buechele has been named the meat and seafood sales manager, Branford, Big Y World Class Market.
- Andrew J. Barrett has been promoted to assistant store director, Ludlow, Massachusetts, Big Y World Class Market.
- Fiona E. Knapp has been named accounts payable analyst, Springfield, Massachusetts, Big Y Store Support Center.
- Joshua L. Couture has been named as deli sales manager, Norwich, Big Y World Class Market.
- North Franklin
- Shane C. Smith has been promoted as food service sales manager, Tolland, Big Y World Class Market.
- Jennifer Ngibuini has been named as the employee services field manager, Springfield, Massachusetts Store Support Center.
- Gabriela Rivera has been named bakery sales manager, Derby, Big World Class Market.
- Matthew Gaudio has been promoted as staff accountant, fringe benefits, Springfield, Massachusetts, Big Y Store Support Center.
“We are committed to providing the tools and training necessary to support our employees in their development. We look forward to their growth in the pursuit of excellence as they personally develop their own skills in order to take on these new levels of responsibility,” said Michael J. Galat, VP of employee services.
Big Y Foods Inc. is one of the largest independently owned supermarket chains in New England. The company operates 84 locations throughout Massachusetts and Connecticut including 71 supermarkets, Table and Vine Fine Wines and Liquors and 13 Big Y Express gas and convenience locations with almost 12,000 employees.
The company has been recognized by Forbes as a best-in-state employer in Massachusetts and Connecticut for the past three years, as well as 2018 employer of choice by the Employers Association of the Northeast. Founded in 1936 by brothers Paul and Gerald D’Amour, the store was named after an intersection in Chicopee, Massachusetts where two roads converge to form a “Y.”
For more information, visit bigy.com.