Jacksonville, Florida-based Southeastern Grocers Inc. is partnering with nine children’s hospitals across the Southeast to raise essential funds for pediatric care in recognition of National Cancer Research Month.
Through May 17, customers in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana and Mississippi are encouraged to support their local pediatric care facilities by rounding up their grocery bills while shopping at Fresco y Más, Harveys Supermarket and Winn-Dixie grocery stores. Donations made during the three-week community donation program will directly impact young patients and their families.
“At Southeastern Grocers, we strive to be the neighbor our neighbors can count on, especially during their most trying times. Children’s hospitals serve as vital community health resources and offer a beacon of hope for young patients and families on their journey to healing,” said Anthony Hucker, president and CEO of Southeastern Grocers.
“We are committed to supporting our local pediatric care facilities to ensure all children receive the specialized, quality care they need as we work together to build stronger, healthier communities.”
The contributions collected during Southeastern Grocers’ community donation program will be donated directly to the following nine children’s hospitals to support each facility’s pediatric specialties, family centered support, therapeutic activities, research, child advocacy and other vital programs:
- Wolfson Children’s Hospital (Jacksonville, Florida);
- Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children (Orlando, Florida);
- Golisano Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida (Fort Myers, Florida);
- Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital (St. Petersburg, Florida);
- Nicklaus Children’s Hospital (Miami, Florida);
- Studer Family Children’s Hospital (Pensacola, Florida);
- Children’s of Alabama (Birmingham, Alabama);
- Children’s of Mississippi (Gulfport, Mississippi); and
- Ochsner Hospital for Children (New Orleans, Louisiana),
Last year, Southeastern Grocers raised more than $461,900 for its children’s hospital partners in its inaugural year and is expanding its pediatric partnerships to provide ongoing support to hospitals in communities across the Southeast.
Southeastern Grocers Inc. is the parent company of Fresco y Más, Harveys Supermarket and Winn-Dixie grocery stores. The grocer is one of the largest conventional supermarket companies in the U.S. SEG grocery stores, liquor stores and in-store pharmacies serve communities throughout Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana and Mississippi.
For more information, visit segrocers.com.