Last updated on September 8th, 2023 at 11:58 am
H-E-B has officially started construction on a new store in Georgetown, Texas. The store, which will replace an existing location less than a mile away, will have a larger footprint and provide customers with an expanded product selection along with more services and features, including the second True Texas BBQ restaurant in Central Texas.
The store will be located at 1010 W. University Ave. in the Wolf Lakes Village neighborhood. It is expected to be complete sometime in spring 2023 and will replace the 67,000-square-foot store at 1100 South I35, which opened in 1989. That location will remain operational until the new store opens.
H-E-B opened its first store at 600 W. University in Georgetown in 1966. The 21,000-square-foot store remained in operation until 1989. H-E-B currently operates two stores in Georgetown.
“We are thrilled to bring a new H-E-B store to Georgetown, a growing community we’ve proudly been a part of for more than 55 years,” said Cathy Harm, H-E-B group VP Central Texas. “We look forward to serving this community with a larger store that offers a wide assortment of products and services and ensuring that our long-time customers continue to enjoy the best of what H-E-B has to offer.”
At 121,000 square feet, the store’s design will have the feel of a European village, which relates to the character of the surrounding neighborhood, and feature two entry towers and pedestrian-friendly surroundings. Among the highlights include a two-story True Texas BBQ, H-E-B’s award-winning barbecue restaurant. The restaurant will have indoor seating on both levels.
Other amenities of the new location will include:
- H-E-B curbside and home delivery, allowing customers to shop online and pick up orders at the store or schedule delivery to their homes;
- Pharmacy with two-lane drive-thru, patient education and nutritional services;
- Full-service bakery and tortilleria that offers a wide selection of artisan breads, fresh tortillas made in house, large varieties of decadent desserts, pastries and cakes;
- Expansive deli featuring large assortment of cheese and charcuterie;
- Texas Backyard, offering products for grilling, gardening and outdoor entertaining; and
- Fuel station and car wash.
All H-E-B employees will be given the opportunity to transfer to the new location once it is complete. H-E-B plans to hire another 100 employees to staff the new store, employing more than 450 employees in total there.
In this spirit and in celebration of the new store’s groundbreaking, H-E-B donated $5,000 each to The Caring Place, Purple Heart Integration Project, Ride on Center for Kids and Georgetown ISD Education Foundation.
For more information, visit newsroom.heb.com.