Scarborough, Maine-based Hannaford Supermarkets has begun a new tuition reimbursement program that will provide higher and continuing education funding to qualifying full- and part-time employees.
The Groceries to Grads tuition reimbursement program will offer employees up to $5,250 in tuition funds annually. The funding can be used at any accredited college or university, with additional tuition discounts available at partner universities within Hannaford’s network.
“At Hannaford, we are committed to investing in our associates by creating pathways to opportunity and career growth,” said Margo Peffer, VP of human resources.
“Our enhanced tuition reimbursement program will provide our associates with the support and flexibility they need to begin or continue their education and enhance their personal and professional future. This initiative is just one of the many ways that Hannaford seeks to deliver on its purpose of together, we are greater than groceries.”
Effective immediately, full-time and salaried Hannaford employees are eligible to receive up to $5,250 in tuition reimbursement funds annually. Part-time employees are eligible for up to $2,000 based on average hours worked. The funding is applicable to undergraduate and graduate courses, as well as certificate programs.
Additionally, qualifying Hannaford employees will receive exclusive tuition discounts when enrolled at six partner colleges and universities in New England and New York, including:
- The College of Saint Rose in Albany, New York;
- 20 percent discount on undergraduate and graduate degree and certificate programs;
- Husson University in Bangor, Maine;
- 15 percent discount on undergraduate and graduate courses; and 10 percent discount on pharmacy courses;
- The Roux Institute at Northeastern University in Portland, Maine;
- 20 percent discount on graduate programs;
- Southern New Hampshire University in Manchester, New Hampshire;
- 10 percent discount on online undergraduate and graduate courses for both Hannaford employees and immediate family members;
- Thomas College in Waterville, Maine;
- 10 percent discount on graduate and certificate courses with a free first course;
- University of Southern Maine in Portland, Maine;
- 20 percent discount on professional development courses.
“Thomas College is extremely proud to be partnering with Hannaford in their effort to provide generous tuition reimbursement benefits to employees. The success of our state relies on the growth of our workforce and what better way to ensure that than by investing in talent and education,” said Mikaela Ziobro, senior director of graduate and professional studies at Thomas College.
As part of the new program, Hannaford has partnered with the education benefits online platform Workforce Edge to streamline and simplify the process for submitting tuition reimbursement requests.
“Our benefits program is designed to offer more options for associates to access greater flexibility and balance in their lives while actively demonstrating our value of care. Our goal is always to promote an inclusive environment that welcomes employees to bring their whole selves to work and values all lived experiences,” Peffer said. “We are proud to extend care to our employees to grow their careers while receiving this type of meaningful support.”