Northgate González Market celebrated the grand opening of its new store at 2603 Westminster Ave. in Santa Ana, California.
“We are excited at the overwhelming response and support from the Santa Ana community,” said Miguel González, co-president of Northgate González Market.
The company invested more than $25 million into the new store and shopping center. The announcement builds upon Northgate González Market’s commitment to the Santa Ana community, which began with its first store opening in 1995.
“Northgate Market has been a great partner for the residents and the City of Santa Ana,” said Vincente Sarmiento, Santa Ana mayor. “Their commitment to improving the quality of life for our residents has consistently been demonstrated by their sponsored health and cancer screening, food donations, numerous contributions to many of our non-profit organizations, and local hiring. We look forward to being a strong partner with Northgate Market.”
At a VIP reception, Northgate Market owners announced $30,000 in donations to local organizations including Greenville Fundamental Elementary, Santa Ana High School, Latino Health Access, Project Youth OC, CRECE Urban Farms, Garden Grove School District, Santa Ana College Foundation and the Santa Ana Public Schools Foundation.
As customers shop at the new Northgate Market, they will experience a supermarket with a large meat department, bakery, tortilleria, fresh produce and prepared foods, in addition to a sizeable section of domestic and imported Mexican foods and grocery items to provide a Mexican homeland experience. Northgate González Market is best known for its 42-year-old signature items like marinated carne asada, chorizo and the company’s carnitas.
This new store will offer the following:
- Hot and cold food bars with new varieties of tamales, hot soups and stews, a variety of fresh salsa and sauces and self-serve hot meals for any meal occasion.
- A fresh produce selection featuring a selection of farm-fresh fruits and vegetables from around the world, including hard-to-find spices, dried chiles and Mexican herbs – delivered fresh seven days a week.
- A specialty meat and cheese shop with a large collection of fresh foods that complement recipes and traditional dishes inspired by Mexico.
- An expanded bakery/panaderia with more than 100 artisan bread, cakes and cookies.
- One of the largest seafood and ceviche offerings, including 10 types of ceviche and shrimp cocktails, made with authentic recipes from Mexico, and a large fresh seafood/pescaderia section.
Northgate González Market is a premier Southern California supermarket chain that caters to the Mexican and Latino communities. Family-owned, operated, Northgate operates 42 high-volume stores in Orange County, Los Angeles and San Diego counties.
For more information, visit northgatemarkets.com.