Grand Rapids, Michigan-based SpartanNash has earned the No. 12 spot on Indeed.com’s list of 25 Most Flexible Companies.
Indeed compiled data from more than 10 million surveys in its Work Happiness Score and ranked the top employers in the nation. SpartanNash is featured alongside Apple, Google, Nike, Southwest Airlines and Microsoft.
“Flexibility is a key component of SpartanNash’s People First culture because we recognize our hard working employees each have unique ways their roles fit into the rest of their lives,” said Nicole Zube, SVP and chief human resources officer.
“We’re honored that our employees choose to commit their time and talents to SpartanNash, so we are always looking for ways to enrich their wellbeing both at work and at home.”
Many offerings within SpartanNash’s Total Rewards package help employees live happy, healthy lives in the workplace and beyond:
- All employees are offered a 15 percent discount when purchasing SpartanNash stock.
- Those who live near a company-owned retail store or fuel center receive a 10 percent discount off all items and free grocery pickup.
- All workers and members of their household are eligible for the Employee Assistance Program and work/life services, regardless of dependent status and with no requirement to be enrolled in a healthcare plan.
- Retail workers have the ability to swap shifts with others through tools in the payroll system and to schedule shifts around their preferred work times.
- All eligible employees have the flexibility to pick from a variety of benefits plans based on their individual or family needs, the ability to carry over PTO to the next calendar year, the opportunity to have paid parental leave and the ability for hourly workers to use PTO in as short as one-hour increments.
- Corporate employees have flexible hours and the opportunity for remote work based on role, a grocery delivery service to the Grand Rapids office, a Helping Hands Day to volunteer in the local community and the ability to buy an extra week of PTO.
“We’re not only a food solutions company, we’re an active part of the communities we serve and will continue to make an impact by offering careers for a better life,” Zube said.
To learn more about SpartanNash careers, visit careers.spartannash.com.