St. Cloud, Minnesota-based Coborn’s has announced several promotions as the company prepares for its next phase of growth, including retail expansion and supply chain alignment.
- Matt Leiseth, the VP of operations and president of Hornbacher’s, has been promoted to SVP of operations. He will continue to lead all grocery store operations and will continue as president of Hornbacher’s. In addition, he will take on responsibility to oversee liquor, convenience, logistics, franchise operations and continuous improvement.
- Nathan Tykwinski, VP of retail services, will transition to VP of operations, and will lead liquor, convenience and franchise operations.
- George Chomiak, senior director of operations, has been promoted to VP of operations, leading grocery store operations.
- Neil Fandel has been promoted to senior director of supply chain, logistics, trucking and warehouse/distribution.
- Emily Coborn Wright, VP of retail support services, has been promoted to SVP of that division. She will continue to lead the company’s pharmacy and e-commerce operations and will take on responsibility to oversee construction, maintenance, loss control and compliance. She will also be responsible for formalizing the organization’s sustainability efforts.
- Chris Braun has been promoted to director of construction and maintenance.
- Dennis Host has been promoted to SVP of marketing and communications. He will continue to oversee the organization’s omni-channel marketing, social media, communications, customer relations and loyalty strategies.
- Dusty Kerssen has been promoted to VP of human resources and organizational development. She will continue to oversee the organization’s recruitment, learning and development, compensation and benefits strategies, along with leading the company’s business partner and human resources generalist teams.
- Andy Knoblauch has been promoted to SVP of center store merchandising. He will continue to lead the company’s merchandising strategy in grocery, dairy, frozen, health, beauty and general merchandise.
- Andrew Burggraff, category manager, has been promoted to senior category manager and will oversee the company’s dairy, frozen and tobacco categories.
- Beth Mineart, administrative assistant, has been promoted to assistant category manager.
- Christie Schulte, general counsel, will take on additional responsibilities for real estate management, in addition to her responsibilities for the company’s legal, safety and compliance. She will continue to report to EVP and CFO Jim Shaw.
- Troy Vosburgh has been promoted to SVP of fresh merchandising. He will continue to lead the company’s merchandising strategy in produce, meat, deli, bakery and floral.
Coborn’s Inc. is a 102-year-old employee-owned grocery retailer with 10,000 employees and 66 grocery stores across Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin and Michigan under the Coborn’s, Cash Wise Foods, Marketplace Foods, Hornbacher’s and Tadych’s Marketplace Foods banners.
Coborn’s also operates fuel, liquor and pharmacy locations. To support its 200 various retail business units, Coborn’s operates its own central bakery, dry cleaning facility and grocery distribution center. In 2021, Coborn’s was named The Shelby Report’s Midwest Retailer of the Year. To read the full section, click here.