Scarborough, Maine-based Hannaford Supermarkets has named Mike Capsalis as “Store Manager of the Year.”
Capsalis, who is manager of the Hannaford on Fort Eddy Road in Concord, New Hampshire, was selected from 185 company locations across New England and New York.
Capsalis has served as a Hannaford employee for more than three decades, including 18 years as a store manager, leading with an emphasis on creating and maintaining a work environment and staying involved in the community. Prior to becoming a store manager, Capsalis held positions at multiple stores, including overnight stock crew manager and assistant manager.
Capsalis was noted for his outstanding leadership skills, consistent employee support and engagement and commitment to the community, as well as for his innovative thinking to improve store operations and continued dedication to creating the best possible experience for associates and customers.
“Receiving this honor is a dream come true. As a long-time associate, I have enjoyed so many experiences at Hannaford and I truly appreciate the family atmosphere, as well as the camaraderie and friendships I have built over the years,” Capsalis said.
“As store manager, I dedicate my time to ensuring every employee works to the best of their ability, while also being someone who is approachable, understanding, and willing to accept feedback. I am constantly looking for new ways to improve our processes and efficiencies for the overall well-being of the store.”
In addition, Hannaford honored store managers who exceed expectations within each district across its five-state footprint. The district honorees are as follows:
- District 1: Paul Messer (Bangor, Maine);
- District 2: Moe Bilodeau (Turner, Maine);
- District 3: Patrick Doak (Bar Harbor, Maine);
- District 4: Mike Ruel (Saco, Maine);
- District 6: Robin Bisson (Durham, New Hampshire);
- District 7: Mike Capsalis (Concord, New Hampshire); and
- District 19: Craig St. Cyr (Bradford, Vermont).
- District 8: Joan Hubbard, (St. Albans, Vermont);
- District 9: Bill Marinello (East Greenbush, New York);
- District 10: Laurie Drake (Queensbury, New York);
- District 18: Erica Perry (Kingston-Plaza Road, New York);
- District 20: Chris Blair (Leominster-Twin City, Massachusetts);
- District 21: Matt Dion (Chelmsford, Massachusetts); and
- District 22: Cheryl Rondenelli (Utica, New York).
“We are extremely proud to celebrate Mike and all of our district honorees with this award,” said Todd Bullen, VP of retail operations.
“At Hannaford, we strongly believe in being ‘Greater than Groceries.’ Each of this year’s honorees surpass that mission through their unwavering commitment to delivering an exceptional customer and associate experience.”
Hannaford Supermarkets operates 185 stores with full-service pharmacies in Maine, New York, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Vermont. In 2022, Hannaford donated 25 million pounds of food to hunger relief organizations and prevented 65 million pounds of food waste from reaching landfills. Hannaford has about 30,000 employees.
Additional information can be found at Hannaford.com.