Heritage Grocers Group, a specialty ethnic food retailer, is expanding its footprint in Dallas, Texas. On Oct. 25, Heritage’s banner company, El Rancho Supermercado, which was acquired in June 2023, will celebrate the opening of its 29th location. This will bring Heritage’s total store count to 114.
The newest store to join the company stands at approximately 18,000 square feet and is located at 2314 W. Illinois Ave. in Dallas.
“The opening of this store will be a homecoming for me, and I am thrilled that Heritage is expanding its presence in my home state of Texas with the opening of El Rancho Supermercado’s 29th store,” said Doug Sanders, chairman and CEO of Ontario, California-based Heritage Grocers Group. “We strive to deliver an exceptional shopping experience where our customers will find a wide assortment of fresh and authentic products reflective of their local community.”
A ribbon cutting ceremony will be held at 8 a.m. and will include remarks from local dignitaries and elected officials, in addition to a live mariachi band. Patrons will be greeted with fresh pan dulce, coffee and goodie bags for the first 500 customers.
The company’s new Dallas location features:
- A colorful produce department with a wide array of ripe, seasonal fruits and vegetables from the USA and Latin America;
- A full-service meat department with fresh cuts of beef, pork and chicken cut daily, in addition to a large selection of seafood;
- An authentic Mexican Cocina where customers will find carnitas, tamales, taquería classics and enjoy Daily Deal options;
- A bakery filled with specialty pastries, desserts, cakes, pan dulce and bolillos baked fresh daily;
- A Palapa offering agua frescas; and
- A full selection of pinatas and balloons.
The store will operate daily from 8 a.m.-10 p.m.
About El Rancho Supermercado
Headquartered in Addison, Texas, El Rancho Supermercado opened n 1988 and has since been dedicated to making Hispanic customers feel at home.
About Heritage Grocers Group
Heritage Grocers Group operates in six states: California, Texas, Nevada, Arizona, Kansas and Illinois, with a total of 57 stores under the Cardenas Markets banner, 29 stores under the El Rancho Supermercado banner, 21 stores under the Tony’s Fresh Market banner and seven stores under the Los Altos Ranch Market banner.