Last updated on February 11th, 2024 at 02:13 pm
The Kroger Co. shared that New York-based Murray’s Cheese now offers five monthly subscription clubs with a variety of options in three-, six- or 12-month increments for discovering cheeses and pairings.
The themed offerings feature hand-cut and wrapped cheeses, from cave-aged picks to exclusive finds, with the goal of delivering an educational experience.
Murray’s Cheese Club includes the following themed journeys:
- Cheers to Cheese Club – a guided tasting with cheeses and accompaniments that pair with a drink of choice;
- Cheese Explorer’s Club – bold picks and exclusives guided by a Murray’s cheesemonger;
- Globetrotter’s Cheese Club – taste cheeses from an iconic cheesemaking region around the world each month;
- Cheese Board Club – abundant selection of cheeses and other items with instructions for making a board every month;
- Mac and Cheese Club – heat-and-eat mac and cheese in rotating seasonal flavors.
A feature of Murray’s business are cheese caves in New York City, where experts age cheese and develop varieties.
The Murray’s Cave Aged cheese line was recently honored with several awards at the 2023 World Cheese Awards. They competed with more than 4,000 entries from around the world, with the cheeses scored on flavor, aroma, body, texture and appearance.
Honors include Cave Aged Reserve Hudson Flower (Super Gold); Cave Aged Limited Double Doe (Gold); Cave Aged Reserve Greensward (Silver), Cave Aged Original Stockinghall Cheddar (Silver), Cave Aged Reserve Annelies (Bronze) and Cave Aged Reserve Carpenter’s Wheel (Bronze).
At Murray’s shops within Kroger and banner stores around the country, cheesemongers can help customers with gifts and entertainment needs through more than 150 types of cheese.
Murray’s shops within the Kroger Family of Stores are also partaking in events, including in-store samplings for New Year’s Eve featuring Brugge Comtesse on Dec. 30.
Read more dairy news from The Shelby Report.