Bakery Deli Sales Manager – Fort Worth
Associated Wholesale Grocers, Inc. The 2nd largest grocery wholesaler in the Country has an opening for an Bakery Deli Sales Manager within our Fresh Department in our Fort Worth Division.
Summary– This position is responsible for all aspects of Bakery Deli marketing and merchandising. You’ll assist grocery stores in promotions & increasing sales and profitability; responsible for making regular planned calls to support our member stores in growing sales; & serve as a liaison capacity between the store and the warehouse.
- Achieve sales growth in the grocery segment for assigned Member Stores
- Develop, implement, monitor and report results of events and merchandising programs to Retailer and Member Services management
- Collaborate with Retail managers to enhance operational standards and assist with interpretation of financial and operating statements with regard to strength and weakness of the operation
- Develop advertising, sales planners and project sales data for AWG management
- Perform liaison role with Director of Grocery Merchandising, vendors and other departmental merchandising specialists to maximize success in event planning, merchandising execution and issues resolution
- Assist in specialized situations such as aiding in ordering seasonal merchandise, handbills, continuity programs and special programs.
- Responsible for securing knowledge with regard to competitor’s merchandising strategies, being able to analyze the impact then advise on countering measures as required
- Accomplishes those activities necessary to keep management informed on all planning, analysis, work performed, and results achieved; ensure records required by management are complete, accurate, up to date and submitted on time
- Perform inventory management and promotional activity
- Responsible for total department profit and loss responsibilities
- Perform other duties as requested by the procurement staff or other members of management
Other requirements: Sales-oriented individual with a minimum of 3-5 years of retail grocery operations and merchandising experience & P&L knowledge. Ability to identify and develop key sales and marketing strategies for AWG Fort Worth Retailers. Excellent business communication skills demonstrated in the areas of sales growth potential, gross profits, customer counts and market share for Retailer managerial personnel Proficiency in personal computer usage including: Google Email, Microsoft Word & Excel. Ability to display initiative and exemplary organizational skills in performance of job duties and be able to meet deadlines, possess good organizational, communication & sales skills
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Company paid vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance for you and qualified dependents
- Vacation and sick days
- 401K Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Christmas Bonus
How to apply: Please send your resume in Word document to [email protected]
AWG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.