Sprouts Farmers Market plans to open nine new stores in the second quarter of 2019. The planned expansion will include the natural grocer’s entry into three new markets: Louisiana, New Jersey and Virginia.
Four of the new stores will feature an “enhanced layout that caters to the latest shopper trends through optimized customer engagement,” Sprouts says.
The retailer plans to open approximately 30 stores in 2019.
New Sprouts stores opening in the second quarter of 2019 include:
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana—4841 Rouzan Square Avenue
- Herndon, Virginia—494 Elden Street
- Jacksonville, Florida—4873 Town Center Parkway
- Los Angeles, California—1302 South La Brea Avenue
- Marlton, New Jersey—237 Route 73 South
- Mesa, Arizona—1240 South Signal Butte Road
- Oviedo, Florida—1121 Alafaya Trail
- San Jose, California—1771 East Capital Expressway
- San Luis Obispo, California—313 Madonna Road
The Jacksonville, Los Angeles, Oviedo and San Luis Obispo stores will feature Sprouts’ newest operational and design enhancements that highlight department destinations and promote customer engagement throughout the store. The design, which maintains center-store focus on produce, debuted last year in five locations.
Sprouts aims to continue to grow as a destination for meat and seafood, and guests shopping the newly designed stores will find marquee signage and display cases at The Butcher Shop and Fish Market that emphasize the department’s service. Additionally, The Market Corner Deli in the enhanced stores will feature a detached, rectangular island offering made-to-order sandwiches, a salad bar, prepared foods, sushi made in-store and fresh juice.
Each new store will bring approximately 140 new career opportunities to its local neighborhood. Sprouts says it announce grand opening dates and hiring information for each store separately.