Salt Lake City-Utah-based Mrs. Fields Famous Brands, a franchisor of Mrs. Fields and TCBY, has appointed new board of directors. Led by incumbent Chairman Bruce Pettet, the board now includes:
• Robert S. Morrison, the former chairman, president and CEO of The Quaker Oats Co., and an operating partner of Z Capital Partners, one of Mrs. Fields’ new major shareholders;
• James J. Zenni, president and CEO of Z Capital;
• Michael D. Stewart, managing director of the Carlyle Group, one of Mrs. Fields’ new major shareholders;
• Christopher J. Kipley, managing director of Z Capital; and,
• David Barr, an existing director who is chairman of Rita Restaurants LLC (formerly Avado Brands) and PMTD Restaurants.
“We are proud of the outstanding group of executives we have assembled to serve on the Mrs. Fields Board of Directors,” Pettet said. “With the addition of Robert Morrison, we add the depth of leadership and experience that’s found only at the premier global food and beverage companies.”