Last updated on August 16th, 2012 at 12:05 pm
Originally owned by OSI, the Glenmark burger was first developed in the early 1970s.
“The ownership of the brand makes our company the leading frozen burger producer in the Midwest, and we’re really proud of that,” said David L. Van Kampen, president and COO of Best Chicago Meat. “We are bringing Glenmark an unparalleled level of quality while keeping the good value.”
Best Chicago Meat is introducing three new products under the Glenmark Black Label line. All burgers are individually quick frozen (IQF) and are at their best when cooked directly from the freezer.
The new Glenmark Black Label line includes:
• Angus Beef Chuck: 1/3-pounders made from USDA Choice Angus Beef Chuck
• Angus Mini Burgers: 2-oz. burgers made from USDA Choice Angus Beef Chuck
• All White Meat Turkey Patties: 1/3-pounders with just 6 percent fat
Glenmark’s Classic Line includes:
• Steak Eater’s burgers, restaurant-style: 1/3 lb. of 100 percent USDA beef
• Cookout burgers: 1/3 lb. of USDA beef
• Great Grillsby Patties: ¼ lb. of USDA beef, soy and a special mild seasoning; a value-priced alternative to all-beef burgers.
Like all Best Chicago Meat’s products, Glenmark burgers are made in Chicago under rigorous quality control standards.
In 1999, Best Chicago Meat entered into a licensing agreement to produce and market the Glenmark brand of retail frozen hamburgers. By the spring of 2007, demand for Glenmark and other products resulted in opening a new state-of-the-art neighborhood manufacturing facility located on Chicago’s northwest side.
Van Kampen said the company currently produces ground beef, sausage, hot dogs and Italian beef under the brands Glenmark, Jemm, David’s Kosher, Moo & Oink and Scala’s Original.
For more information, call 773-523-8161 or visit www.glenmarkfoods.com.