Kettle Brand has released a new line-up of Kettle Brand Bakes featuring two bold new flavors: zesty Cheddar & Roasted Tomato and tangy Sour Cream & Onion. The new flavors are available in stores now, joining three existing flavors in new packaging.
Kettle Brand Bakes are the only baked potato chip on the market made from slices of real potato seasoned with natural and savory flavors, according to a news release. The only difference from regular Kettle Brand chips is that Bakes are toasted, rather than fried, to a crunch. The result is a chip with 65 percent less fat and 100 percent of the flavor, the release adds.
“Consumers have given in to the misconception that they must sacrifice flavor and crunch with baked chips, and that’s just not the case,” said Carolyn Ottenheimer, chief flavor architect at Kettle Brand. “Our Bakes are made with real slices of whole potatoes and natural ingredients so they are crunchy and indulgent, as potato chips should be.”
The revamped Kettle Brand Bakes line features five flavors:
• New Sour Cream & Onion—Starting with tangy sour cream, Kettle Brand blends in just the right amount of savory onion for a light and fresh twist on this chip classic.
• New Cheddar & Toasted Tomato—Seasoned with sweet and zesty tomatoes and a combination of cheddar and Romano cheeses, these chips pack a sharp and zingy punch of real flavor.
• Hickory Honey Barbeque—A pinch of paprika is the spark, spicy chili peppers the boom, then a touch of natural honey brings all the elements into the perfect balance of sweetness and spice, savory and smoke.
• Sea Salt & Vinegar—Crunchy, golden curves of pure potato are paired with a splash of bold and tangy vinegar and a sprinkle of fresh sea salt for a perfect tart and salty finish.
• Sea Salt—Freshly sliced potatoes are toasted until golden and dusted with natural sea salt to satisfy the every day crunch craving.
Kettle Brand Bakes are now beginning to appear on store shelves in updated packaging that carries over the signature bold colors from the company’s original kettle-cooked potato chip line. In solid blue, brown, green, orange and red bags indicative of the flavor of each chip, the packaging also includes taste cues and visuals of whole slices of real potato.
“Kettle Brand pioneered packaging that tied bright, bold colors to the delicious flavors found inside,” said Marc McCullagh, brand manager for Kettle Brand. “The flavor and crunch of Kettle Brand Bakes resembles our classic kettle-cooked potato chips, so we’ve updated the packaging to be more in sync with how consumers shop for our product and reinforce that the chips inside are worth indulging in.”
Kettle Brand, the news release says, is the first and only potato chip brand to be verified as using non-GMO ingredients by the Non-GMO Project.
Kettle Brand Bakes are available in 4-oz. bags for a suggested retail price of $3.39 at select grocery, mass merchandiser and natural foods stores nationwide.