Stater Bros. will hold a groundbreaking ceremony at 10 a.m. Wednesday, April 10, to celebrate the construction of the company’s newest and most modern supermarket—located in the Redlands Village Shopping Center and being developed by Lewis Retail Centers.
The new Redlands Stater Bros. store will be located on the northwest corner of Lugonia and Wabash avenues and will replace a smaller Stater Bros. Supermarket located at 1786 Lugonia Ave.
At 44,000 s.f., the new Redlands Stater Bros. Supermarket will be approximately 50 percent larger than the existing Redlands store. With wider, customer-friendly aisles, outdoor seating and a decor scheme that will reflect the city’s history, the new Redlands Stater Bros. is scheduled to open in September.
The new Redlands Stater Bros. Supermarket will offer a greater variety of products and enhanced customer services, including:
• Full-service fresh meat department with Stater Bros. butchers;
• Full-service fresh seafood department with experts to help with selection plus capability to season and fry on the spot;
• Full-service deli including fried and baked chicken, specialty sandwiches, wraps, taco plates, olive bar and more;
• Self-service beverage bar with new Coca-Cola “Freestyle” fountain drink station featuring more than 150 flavors of soda, ICEE Drinks, ice teas, hot cocoa, espresso and specialty coffees;
• Full-sevice hot bakery with a full selection of artisan breads and rolls, plus ice cream cakes, special occasion cakes and cupcakes;
• Full-service floral department;
• Full-service U.S. bank; and
• Garden fresh produce department featuring more than 800 items with expanded organic selections.
The new Stater Bros. Redlands store also will follow environmentally friendly practices:
• Addition of LED lighting in building signage, parking lot lighting and refrigerated display cases plus use of glass doors and curtains in refrigerated cases that reduces energy usage by 60 percent;
• EPA GreenChill certified refrigeration system;
• New lighting system that uses dimming ballasts, energy efficient lamps and occupancy sensors;
• Energy management system that controls refrigeration, HVAC, demand response and and lighting;
• Recycling center located inside for customers to recycle paper and plastic grocery bags; and
• Earth-conscious alternatives such as large grocery bags made with 100 percent recycled paper and reusable bags for purchase.
“Since 1937, Stater Bros. has proudly served the community of Redlands and the Stater Bros. Supermarket family is especially proud to build this modern and environmentally friendly Stater Bros. Supermarket to better serve our long-time and valued Redlands customers,” said Jack H. Brown, chairman and CEO of Stater Bros.
Stater Bros. is the largest privately owned supermarket chain in Southern California and the largest private employer in both San Bernardino and Riverside counties, with annual sales in 2012 of $3.9 billion. The company currently operates 167 supermarkets with more than 18,000 employees.