Last updated on March 25th, 2021 at 07:24 pm
McLane Co., a leading supply chain services company providing grocery and foodservice supply chain solutions, is rebranding its private label company, Salado Sales, to CVP (Consumer Value Products). CVP will offer quality private label lines equal to or better than name brands for a lower price and higher margins for retailers, and will be offered only to McLane customers, according to the Temple, Texas-based company.
In addition to the rebranding, McLane will debut five new brands of 240-plus foodservice, automotive, candy and snacks, general merchandise, grocery and health, beauty and wellness products. Road-Tech and Work Fare, two of McLane’s established private label brands, will still be available to consumers through the rebranded CVP line.
Having founded Salado Sales, its original private label company, in 1993, McLane says it designed the new comprehensive CVP family of brands to reflect the needs of consumers today, including delivering a product mix that offers relevancy, variety and value while saving them money.
Under CVP’s umbrella, McLane will make available five new brands:
• Hometown Market: The Hometown Market line will offer a variety of products like banana nut granola, nuts, trail mix and yogurt pretzels, sugar and creamer that support c-stores’ foodservice operations, and many of which also will meet The Partnership for a Healthier America (PHA) healthy criteria.
• Pristyn Purified Water: Also part of the PHA commitment, McLane will support the organization’s signature “Drink Up” initiative to help promote more consumption of water. The Pristyn Purified Water is a purified bottled water line to be sold in 100 percent recycled individual bottles and 24-packs.
• Excursion Beef Jerky: The Excursion Beef Jerky line features flavors ranging from Smokey BBQ Pork Jerky, Teriyaki Beef Jerky and Cracked Pepper Beef Jerky to Smokehouse Beef Jerky.
• YumBees: To appease the sweet tooth, the YumBees line will offer various hard, gummy and chocolate candy products as well as variations on favorite name-brand products.
• Beau Dacious Biscuits: Beau Dacious Biscuits is a new line of quality dog treat products available in peanut butter, grain-free yogurt and cranberry bites and assorted treat flavors.
“Consumers today want the option to purchase quality store-branded products at a reasonable price, so it made sense for us to up our commitment to private label and rebrand to fit the needs of our retail customers,” said Teresa Voelter, GM of private label at McLane. “McLane’s new comprehensive CVP line provides retailers who don’t already offer a private label products or have the resources to stock private label inventory the ability to do so and at attractive prices, while keeping their gross margins and profits high.”
McLane says it plans to roll out additional new products under the CVP family of brands in 2017. Consumers also will be able to utilize a new product search tool located on the new CVP site to find their favorite products at one of more than 17,000 retailer locations.