Southeastern Grocers, the parent company of Bi-Lo, Fresco y Más, Harveys and Winn-Dixie stores, will unveil seven new Harveys Supermarket stores in Central, West and North Florida on Wednesday, Aug. 2. The openings signal an expansion into new markets for Harveys Supermarket with four new Central Florida locations in Orlando, Cocoa and Ocala, along with two new West Florida locations in Tampa and Winter Haven. The seventh new location will join 11 other existing North Florida Harveys Supermarkets in Jacksonville.
The new Harveys Supermarkets will focus on the grocers’ “commitment to the near-century long heritage and unwavering customer promise to provide great value, great prices and great service,” according to the company. At the new Harveys Supermarkets, customers will find a personalized shopping experience complete with products at great prices and significant value.
Anthony Hucker, interim president and CEO of Southeastern Grocers, said, “Due to the overwhelming positive customer response of recent Harveys Supermarket openings and extensive customer listening sessions we have identified that our Harveys Supermarket banner is best tailored to provide the service, products and prices our customers in the area desire.
“At Harveys Supermarket our goal is to provide great prices for our customers that also offer great value. By offering our customers lower prices on items they buy most through our savings programs, ‘Low and Staying Low’ and ‘Great Low Prices,’ paired with our value deals in the all new Dollar Zone and ‘Pick 5 for $19.95’ program, we are confident that our customers will be able to find great savings on thousands of items in their new Harveys Supermarket.”
Harveys says customers will immediately notice enhancements and new savings opportunities throughout the new locations, including:
• A new custom façade and vibrant color palate with fresh, contemporary interior signage;
• New $1 Zone within the store, with savings on more than 1,200 popular items for only $1, including beverages, snacks, canned goods, cleaners, greeting cards, baby and health items;
• More than 725 products are now priced, “Low and Staying Low,” and are easily found in store with a distinctive bright yellow thumbs-up sign—price guaranteed for at least six months;
• More than 1,800 items across the store are reduced in price—easily identified by the, “Great Low Price” tags—great low prices, whether on sale or off-sale;
• An expanded meat department with new value meat selections—Big Pack, Big Value!;
• “Pick 5” with more than 75 items to choose from, including fresh packaged and frozen meats, for $19.95; a 25 percent average discount; and
• Refreshed produce department featuring fresh quality produce from local farmers.
Grand opening celebrations will be held at the following locations beginning at 9 a.m. Wednesday:
• 2525 E. Hillsborough Avenue, Tampa
• 2722 N. Pine Hills Road, Orlando
• 49 Arlington Road South, Jacksonville
• 1066 Clearlake Road, Cocoa
• 2640 NE 14th Street, Ocala
• 3435 N. Pine Avenue, Ocala
• 2700 Recker Highway, Winter Haven
The first Harveys Supermarket opened in Nashville, Georgia, in 1924. With the addition of the new Harveys Supermarkets there will be a total of 77 Harveys located in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina.