Whole Foods Market in late March opened its new 40,000-s.f. downtown Indianapolis, Indiana, store, located at 320 E. Market Street.
The first 500 customers through the doors this morning received a Whole Foods Market gift card with a mystery value ranging from $5 to $50, with one lucky customer receiving a $500 gift card.
“Whole Foods Market in Downtown Indianapolis will offer customers convenient lunch and dinner options, custom-cut meat, organic and local produce, as well as pantry staples,” said Jared Miller, store team leader. “The store will be a showcase for local Indiana suppliers and a warm, welcoming gathering place for the community.”
Every item sold in the store meets Whole Foods Market’s quality standards and is free of artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, preservatives and hydrogenated fats.
The new store includes:
- The Market Square Taproom, which will feature 20 taps of beers from Indiana brew masters at Three Floyds Brewing Co., Upland Brewing Co., Sun King Brewery, Taxman Brewing Co. and 18th Street Brewery, seating options and a menu ranging from breakfast sandwiches and nachos to blackened salmon and cauliflower tots.
- Nine different flavors of the popular Japanese-American dessert, mochi ice cream, and a dozen varieties of the French classic, macaroons.
- Freshly baked cookies, single-serving brownies and dessert bars.
- An Allegro Coffee Bar featuring lattes, chai, cappuccinos, nitro cold brews and espresso made to order, as well as special hibiscus nitro tea and fresh fruit smoothies.
- Seasonal salads made with an array of organic and conventional produce from the salad bar and a hot bar with dishes such as salmon and London broil.
- In-house specialties including Neapolitan-style pizza, freshly made sushi specialty rolls and grab-and-go sandwiches.
- More than 100 varieties of cheeses free of artificial additives, sweeteners, colorings, preservatives and hydrogenated oils. The store is celebrating its grand opening with a 500-lb. wheel of cheddar on display.
- Amazon lockers for customers to ship and pick up packages.
Whole Foods Market hired more than 100 team members for the new location. The company has four other Indiana locations: Schererville and South Bend in Northwest Indiana; Carmel; and on 86th Street in Indianapolis.