The Alabama Grocers Education Foundation held its Annual Spring Golf Outing on Thursday, April 4, at Inverness Country Club in Birmingham, Alabama.
The tournament raised money for the Alabama Grocers Education Foundation, to provide scholarships to employees and children of employees of Alabama Grocers Association companies. AGEF has awarded more than $1.2 million in member support from events such as the golf tournament.
2019 Golf Tournament Winners:
• First-Place Team: Don Richardson with Coca-Cola Bottling Co. United; Jim Coalson with Piggly Wiggly Williams; Scott Wade with Deaver Industries; and Greg Waldrop with Gateway Foods;
• Second-Place Team: Cory McGuffie with D&T Sales and Marketing; Morgan Hollifield with 5 Hour Energy; Jai Freeman with Freeman Foods; and Dan Burdick with Frozen Specialties;
• Third-Place Team: Chris Crosby and Bradley Lyman with Utz Golden Flake; and Wade Payne and Robby Robinson with Food Giant;
• Closest to the Pin: Jeff Hopping with Birmingham Budweiser; and
• Longest Drive: Mike Bishop with Federated Insurance.
The Breakfast Sponsor was Pharmacist Mutual Insurance Co. and the lunch sponsor was Byars | Wright Insurance.
Additional sponsors include 5 Hour Energy; A&R Super Markets; Alabama Power Co.; Associated Grocers of the South; Associated Wholesale Grocers; BevCo Sales; BTC Wholesale Distributors; Buffalo Rock Pepsi Cola Co.; Bunzl Distribution; Coca-Cola Bottling Co. United Inc.; Country Delite Farms; D&T Sales; Federated Insurance; Flowers Baking Co.; Ice Cream Specialties; Merrill Lynch/ Transamerica; Mitchell Grocery Corp.; Palermo’s Pizza/Advantage Solutions; Piggly Wiggly Alabama Dist.; Post Consumer Brands; Publix Super Markets Inc.; Red Diamond Coffee & Tea; Retail Data Systems; The Hershey Company; Truno, Retail Technology Solutions; UNFI (2); United Johnson Brothers (2); Utz/ Golden Flake Snack Foods and WorldPay.
The AGA Annual Convention is July 28-31 at Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort in Destin, Florida. Alabama’s Food Industry Finest Luncheon is Oct. 23 at The Club in Birmingham, and the AGEF Fall Golf Outing is Oct. 24 at Inverness Country Club in Birmingham.