Chicago-based Conagra Brands Inc. will be bringing a lineup of its snacks to the 2019 NACS Show, presented by the National Association of Convenience Stores, at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta Oct. 2-4. According to IRI data, Conagra Brands’ $2 billion snacks business is one of the largest and fastest-growing in the food industry. The company offers meat snacks, seeds, popcorn, sweet treats and specialty categories.
“Snacking is on fire,” says Burke Raine, VP and GM, snacks and sweet treats for Conagra Brands. “Conagra has a proven approach to innovating and growing brands, which we’re applying to our snacks and sweet treats portfolio. We’re accelerating growth with Slim Jim, David, Bigs, Duke’s and more by designing products for retail customers that perfectly align with what consumers want—more protein, big flavor, new forms and better portability.”
Conagra Brands is also showcasing a selection of standout merchandising vehicles. Its displays, racks and shelving units are designed to enable the right assortment and optimal shopping ability to drive impulse purchase of snacks at convenience stores.
NACS attendees who visit Conagra Brands’ booth can try the following snacks, which include several from its leading brands that have a No. 1 or No. 2 position in their respective categories, according to IRI:
- Bigs Cheeseburger Sunflower Seeds: Bigs is rolling out a new Cheeseburger flavor of sunflower seeds.
- David Energy-Packed Mix Tubes: A crunchy mix of lentils, kernels, pepitas and chickpeas that comes in three flavors: Sea Salt, Ranch and Bar-B-Q. According the company, each pack contains 9g of plant-based protein without a lot of sugar. They’re grain-free, gluten-free and made in a peanut and tree nut-free facility.
- Duke’s Smoked Shorty Sausages: The signature Smoked Shorty Sausages come in 5-oz. packages, and the new flavor, Teriyaki, will be showcased.
- Slim Jim Fire Fries: The ready-to-eat fries feature the flavor of Slim Jim. Fire Fries are 100 percent potato with a crunchy texture in flavors such as Inferno and Buffalo-Style Fury.
- Slim Jim Pork Rinds: This snack fits a low-carb lifestyle and comes in Squealin’ Hot and Hog Wild BBQ flavors.
- Slim Jim Savage: With 3 oz. of meat and 18g of protein per stick, Savage Size is the biggest Slim Jim ever—3x bigger than Slim Jim Giant. Graphics feature wrestler “Macho Man” Randy Savage.