Last updated on November 21st, 2019 at 08:47 am
Chula Vista, California-based Boochcraft, a handcrafted high-alcohol kombucha brand made with fresh-pressed juices, will now offer its variety of flavors to Colorado. Boochcraft will distribute through CSArtistans Distributing. To mark the new distribution, local events will commence this month with information soon to follow.
“The demand for Boochcraft in Colorado has been loud and clear for years now, and we’re beyond excited to bring the party,” says Todd Kent, Boochcraft’s CEO and co-founder. “Over the past six months, we’ve been rapidly expanding the brewery to keep up with triple-digit growth, adding 20 new 100 bbl fermenters and a new canning line. Scaling up our fresh-pressed juicing operation is a painstaking process, making sure we never compromise on our commitment to quality. We know Coloradans strongly share our values and we’re ready to bring our leading organic hard kombucha to the Rocky Mountain state.”
Launched in 2016, Boochcraft has a 7 percent alcohol by volume (ABV). The brand uses certified organic ingredients, fair trade sugar, fruit juices freshly pressed in-house, along with being vegan and gluten-free. Colorado customers will have the opportunity to try six flavors including Grapefruit Hibiscus Heather and fall seasonal Spiced Pear.
Earlier this year, the company opened an 18,000-s.f.brewery located in Chula Vista. The facility includes a new canning line, 160-gallon foeders and a brewing crew who manages a 70,000-plus barrel per year operation. The expansion was the first step in furthering the brand’s imprint nationwide, shortly after the brand announced distribution throughout the West Coast, including major cities in Northern, Central and Southern California, as well as Arizona, Washington and Oregon. Boochcraft is available at major retailers Whole Foods Market, BevMo, Raley’s, Safeway, select Walmart locations, other conventional and natural grocery stores.
The company says, in the brewery, Boochcraft brewers compost all of the juice and tea scraps, source produce from local California farms and are committed to finding innovative ways to conserve resources and limit their waste. A member of 1% For the Planet, the company gives back one percent of gross sales to nonprofits that promote sustainable food systems and it also co-founded a program called Farm to Families that brings fresh regenerative produce to underserved families.
Full list of products available in Colorado:
- Grapefruit Hibiscus Heather – Grapefruit juice colored pink with hibiscus adds a cranberry backbone while supplying a strawberry finish.
- Apple Lime Jasmine – Freshly pressed mixed apple varieties, lime juice and the floral aromatics of jasmine green tea help make this cider-esque beverage.
- Spiced Pear – California Bosc and Bartlett pears are mixed with holiday spice and toasted American oak.
- Orange Pomegranate Beet – Pomegranate is melded with oranges and complemented with earthy beetroot and rosemary.
- Lemon Maple Thyme – Lemon and a dry minty aroma of thyme are balanced out by maple syrup.
- Ginger Lime Rosehips – Fresh-pressed ginger juice and lime juice are paired with rosehips.