Lidl will celebrate the grand opening of its new food market, located at 2480 Briarcliff Road NE in the North Druid Hills neighborhood of Brookhaven, Georgia, on Wednesday, July 8. The store will open at 8 a.m. after a brief ribbon cutting in front of the store at 7:40 a.m.
The store will operate from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday-Sunday. The Brookhaven store is one of four stores Lidl has opened in the Atlanta area over the last few months. This will be Lidl’s eighth store in Georgia.
“We are very excited to have this new grocery store to serve this community with the high quality and low prices which people around the world have come to expect,” said Brookhaven Mayor John Ernst. “Lidl will be an asset to Brookhaven, and I am looking forward to the grand opening event.”
Lidl has been repeatedly recognized for its shopping experience. Food & Wine magazine recently ranked Lidl a Top 3 U.S. Supermarket – ahead of retailers like Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods. Lidl also has won more than 500 U.S. awards for its exclusive products.
When entering the Brookhaven store, shoppers can also expect to experience the following:
World-class shopping experience
- Shoppers will find an award-winning assortment of items and low Lidl prices.
- The new food market will be a newly built store with easy-to-shop layouts that will mean a faster and more convenient shop for customers. The U.S. EPA has recognized Lidl stores for their environmentally-friendly designs.
- Healthy, responsible choices, including hundreds of organic and gluten free products.
- American products – the majority of the products in Lidl’s assortment are sourced in the U.S.
- Unique, European specialty items ranging from hard-to-find cheeses to authentic specialty sauces, cured meats and more.
- Award winning foods – Lidl’s private label products have won more than 500 awards.
- The Lidl Love it Guarantee – A logo that guarantees customer satisfaction; shoppers love the product they buy or they are entitled to a refund and a replacement.
Lidl offers an ever-changing selection of food and non-food specials brought in each Wednesday for a limited time. The rotating non-food selection will include fitness gear, small kitchen appliances, toys, outdoor furniture and more.
Committed to fresh
Lidl produce is brought in fresh each day and features more than 100 fresh fruit and vegetable options.
All Lidl flowers are guaranteed fresh and beautiful for five days at a minimum, with roses and lilies guaranteed for seven.
Lidl’s fresh bakery will greet customers at the entrance of the Brookhaven store.
Focused on employees
Lidl offers wages and benefits for its team that are above the industry standard in every market in which it operates.
Lidl recently announced it would expand healthcare coverage to all workers, including those working part-time, regardless of the number of hours worked.
Lidl’s top priority is the health and safety of its customers and team members. A detailed overview of the protective measures in place can be found here: lidl.com/coronavirus-update.
Lidl operates more than 11,000 stores and is active in 32 countries, employing around 287,000 employees globally. Lidl first established its U.S. headquarters in Arlington County, Virginia, in June 2015, and today sells its products in more than 100 stores across nine east coast states.
Lidl opened its 100th store May 27 in Suwanee, Georgia. See story, here.