Last updated on November 25th, 2020 at 11:29 am
A Food City grocery store in Mesa, Arizona, celebrated its grand opening with shoppers Wednesday, Sept. 2. At 6 a.m., the Food City store team at Brown Road and Mesa Drive began giving reusable shopping bags filled with groceries to the first 300 customers who checked out with their purchases.
Highlights of the new Mesa store include:
- Outside grilling of chicken, pork ribs and outside New Mexico Hatch Chile roasting;
- An expanded restaurant-style deli department, with a large aguas frescas station, carne asada and rotisserie chickens, guacamoles, breakfast burritos, menudo and fresh guacamole and salsas;
- A large produce section stocked with the freshest, most affordable summer fruits and vegetables, including New Mexico Hatch Chiles, which are now in season;
- A bakery with desserts made from scratch (like pan dulce, tres leches and other specialty cakes, stuffed cheese and jalapeño bolillos, and Hatch Chile and Cheese Cornbread);
- A tortilleria that makes homemade flour and corn tortillas daily;
- A carnicería (meat department) with barbecue and taco boxes, a wide selection of seafood and free marinades; and
- A fresh cheese section and a wall of spices to add flavor to homemade meals.
In addition, this Food City store in Mesa underwent a baby department upgrade and expansion, giving it more than 600 additional products that range from everyday needs like formula, diapers and early stages of food to breastfeeding supplies, and health and wellness items.
Food City is an everyday-low-price grocery store for price-conscious shoppers. With a more than-60-year reputation of service to the Hispanic community in Arizona, Food City carries aisles of traditional Mexican foods along with items found in a traditional grocery store. Food City also reaches out to the community by hiring people from the neighborhoods it serves.
See Photo Gallery: