FMI – The Food Industry Association has announced an ambitious assortment of signature events for 2021 and 2022.
“Our goal is to help our members and their teams prepare for post-crisis planning and operations, and thereby accelerate stronger and deeper collaborative partnerships,” said FMI President and CEO Leslie G. Sarasin regarding the announcement. “We acknowledge that as an industry it’s imperative we re-ignite innovation, re-inspire shoppers and re-tool our competitive spirit. We look forward to supporting our members in this evolving business environment.”
Next year, FMI signature events will begin online and then transition to in-person. Its 2021 business collaboration trading partner opportunities include:
- FMI Midwinter Executive Conference: Jan. 25-28 and Feb. 1-4, 2021 – Online Platform. Registration begins Oct. 1, 2020 (Schedule and rates announced soon);
- FMI Midsummer Strategic Executive Exchange: June 21-25, 2021 – Phoenix, Arizona;
- FMI Annual Business Conference: Oct. 17-20, 2021 – Chicago, Illinois.
FMI business planning tools in 2022 will return to its traditional signature offerings, and Midsummer will not be included:
- FMI Midwinter Executive Conference: Jan. 21-24, 2022, Boca Raton, Florida;
- Annual Business Conference 2022: Sept. 11-14, 2022, Chicago.
As the food industry association, FMI works with and on behalf of the entire industry to advance a safer, healthier and more efficient consumer food supply chain. FMI brings together a wide range of members across the value chain – from retailers that sell to consumers, to producers that supply food and other products, as well as the wide variety of companies providing critical services – to amplify the collective work of the industry.