Van’s Kitchen, one of the nation’s leading egg roll brands, continues to expand its reach to consumers by signing five notable distributor, supermarket and grocery store accounts in the past two quarters. A certified women-owned and minority-operated manufacturer based in Dallas, Texas, the company produces millions of egg rolls each year.
While 2020 has slowed the production of many industries, Van’s Kitchen has been working diligently to service its existing clients while bringing new retailers and distributors on board to its family of partners. Established by Vietnamese immigrants in 1986, Van’s Kitchen was founded on the basis of perseverance and making the most out of difficult situations no matter the circumstance. CEO Theresa Motter understands what it is like to lead by example, pulling from the experience of her parents and applying that knowledge to challenges faced this year.
Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, Van’s Kitchen has secured deals with Lipari Foods, Associated Wholesale Grocers Inc., SpartanNash, United Natural Foods Inc. and Berkot’s Super Foods to build connections within its grocery retail division.
“It goes without saying that we had no idea what 2020 had in store, but what did not change is our dedication and drive to deliver for our clients while providing our ‘Roll Models’ with opportunities for growth,” said Carl Motter, CSO of Van’s Kitchen. “For the past 30 years, our team has conquered challenges that have opened doors to set new goals – and this year was no exception. As more people turned to our partners for quality food during the pandemic, we knew our role as an essential business was more important than ever.”
Van’s Kitchen’s products are now being distributed and can be found at new retailers across the country including:
- Lipari Foods – a leading Midwest food distributor with over 50 years in business delivering products to 14 states and more than 8,000 retailers;
- Associated Wholesale Grocers Inc., Kansas City – the largest U.S. cooperative food distributor to independently-owned grocery stores, servicing over 3,000 retailers in 30 states;
- SpartanNash – the fifth largest distributor in the U.S. with 155 corporate-owned stores. Van’s Kitchen products are represented in five of its distribution centers in the Midwest;
- United Natural Foods Inc. – a premier food distributor of bulk products for a network of grocery retail partners. Van’s Kitchen products are distributed out of three of UNFI’s distribution centers in Champaign, Illinois; Hopkins, Minnesota; and Green Bay, Wisconsin; and
- Berkot’s Super Foods – a neighborhood, family-owned, full-service grocery retailer with 17 stores throughout Illinois.
“I am extremely proud of the work our team has produced this year, and we are humbled to be able to work with our network of supportive retail and distributing partners,” said Belinda Hampton, key account manager at Van’s Kitchen. “Every egg roll we craft is made with love. We appreciate the opportunities we have had to share our passion for food with each of our new clients.”
The artisan batch egg rolls can be found in hundreds of grocers and convenience stores throughout the U.S. in the refrigerated deli, freezer and hot deli sections as well as the new Van’s Kitchen online store, where the product is shipped directly to consumers.