Phoenix, Arizona-based Sprouts Farmers Market has partnered with L.A. Libations to launch emerging brands at 50 selected stores in California, as part of L.A. Libations’ SoCal Incubation Program (SIP). The assortment will add to Sprouts’ offering of healthier products to meet the growing demands of the consumer, including plant-based, keto-friendly and paleo.
“In January, we’re accelerating innovation in our beverage set with a special test in a group of California stores through a partnership with L.A. Libations,” said Kim Coffin, Sprouts’ SVP of nonperishables. “We’ll rapidly launch a series of innovative, ready-to-drink beverages in a new display that will support consumer demand for functional beverages.”
Sprouts’ in-store program includes new, innovation displays near check out, which will update with new brands three times a year. Each time, the grocer will introduce seven to eight new emerging brands. This will be merchandised weekly in all 50 stores by Relentless Trade Solutions for immediate performance reporting and in-store brand development. Brands will have three months on the shelf to meet performance metrics before regional or national rollouts.
“Sprouts has been a driver for innovation in the natural food industry for more than two decades,” said Bonnie Shah, VP of marketing and innovation at L.A. Libations. “We’re excited to combine the opportunity of Sprouts’ unique model and health-minded customer with insights of L.A. Libation’s team that meets with more than 300 entrepreneurs a year to assess emerging trends.”
On Jan. 1, the first round of brands to launch includes:
- Don’t Quit! – a line of meal replacement drinks that will compete in adult nutrition. Using premium ingredients, the brand has created a shake for complete daily nutrition with a clean label: no soy, no wheat, no corn and no artificial flavors, colors or sweeteners.
- MoreLabs – improves productivity by reducing daily stress with scientifically proven functional shots including Morning Recovery, Liquid Focus and Dream Well.
- Shaka Tea – an award-winning tea brewed with māmaki, an ancient, adaptogenic superleaf that’s only found in one place in the world: the Hawaiian archipelago. Shaka Teas are sweetened with monkfruit for a delicious low-to-no calorie super tea.
- Space Shake – a reinvention of the milkshake. Designed for an on-the-go lifestyle, the ready-to-drink shakes are ketogenic, paleo, vegan, low-carb, loaded-with-good-fats, no sugar added, gluten-free, dairy-free and certified-organic.
- Arya – a full line of curcumin-infused sparkling waters, providing all the benefits of an entire tablespoon of turmeric in a refreshing drink.
- Hawaii Volcanic – a naturally alkaline, sustainably sourced premium water from Hawaii’s Big Island, available still and sparkling.
- Szent – a pure water with a flavor experience from all-natural ingredients, nothing more.
Sprouts Farmers Market is one of the fastest growing retailers in the country. The healthy grocer employs approximately 35,000 team members and operates more than 350 stores in 23 states nationwide. To learn more about Sprouts, click here.