Kroger Delta Division has revealed details of its latest contract offer to UFCW Local 2008 for associates in its Arkansas stores. The company is proposing to invest $27 million in wage increases and ratification bonuses in addition to maintaining exceptional health care benefits.
“We have presented the union with our comprehensive best offer that includes significant investments in our associates’ pay and health care coverage,” said Victor Smith, president of Kroger Delta Division. “Kroger is committed to a transparent and fair negotiation process with UFCW Local 2008 as our associates are the heart and soul of our company.”
Kroger’s offer does the following:
• Increases pay for Arkansas associates;
• Provides ratification bonuses up to $1,000;
• Waives health care contributions for one year through Jan. 30, 2022 – associates will not pay their weekly contributions for one year;
• Health care benefits will not change through the term of the contract, except in cases where benefits are improved; and
• Supports upward mobility for all associates, providing them with opportunities for job promotions, additional hours and career growth.
Details of the Kroger Delta offer can be found here.
The company’s goal in every negotiation is to reach a fair and balanced agreement that provides a solid total compensation package of wages and benefits for associates and keeps the company competitive in the Little Rock market.
Kroger says it is hopeful that UFCW Local 2008 will provide its members the opportunity to vote on the offer.
Kroger Delta Division operates 100 stores in Arkansas, West Tennessee, Kentucky, Mississippi and Missouri. Based in Memphis, Tennessee Delta Division employs 16,000 associates. Kroger is dedicated to eliminating hunger in the communities it serves through partnerships with nine Feeding America food banks and numerous local organizations. Kroger also supports breast cancer research, the military and their families, and more than 4,000 nonprofit organizations. This year, Kroger Delta has donated more than 2.5 million pounds of food to Feeding America food bank partners.