Publix Super Markets will open a new store at 7 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 10, in the Shoppes at Ola Crossroads Center in McDonough, Georgia. This will be the company’s third store in Henry County.
This 48,300-square-foot store will bring 135 new jobs to the area. Store hours will be 7 a.m.-10 p.m. It will have traditional grocery, dairy and frozen food departments along with full-service bakery, deli, pharmacy, seafood, meat and fresh produce departments.
“We have a heightened response to sanitation to ensure safety for all our customers as that is our top priority,” said Brenda Reid, community relations manager for Publix’s Atlanta Division. “Publix Super Markets Inc. continues to follow CDC guidelines, and we will be requiring all customers and associates to wear facial coverings inside the store.”
Publix offers numerous contactless pay options and convenient shopping services like curbside pick-up, grocery delivery powered by Instacart and pharmacy delivery.
The Henry County store will also feature the following departments and services:
- A full-service deli featuring Boar’s Head meats and cheeses, made-to-order Pub-Subs, fresh soups, Publix Smokehouse Meats, as well as fried and oven roasted chicken. It also will offer café seating with social distancing measures, and Wi-Fi throughout the store.
- The produce department carries organic as well as conventionally grown fresh fruits and vegetables. There is also a broad selection of exotic fruits and vegetables from around the world and locally grown, as well as a floral department with a variety of bouquets for the changing seasons.
- The Publix bakery is a scratch bakery that offers an array of cakes, cookies and pies as well as wedding cakes made by skilled decorators. Also featured are an assortment of breads and rolls made fresh throughout the day. Customers also will enjoy a broad selection of desserts.
- The meat department will feature custom cuts of meats including Publix private label all-natural and organic GreenWise beef, chicken, pork, lamb and turkey. Ready-to-cook meals also will be available for customers seeking a home-cooked meal with minimal prep-time needed. There also will be freshly made sushi.
- A full-service seafood department offers fresh fin fish that is never frozen and seafood that is delivered to the store throughout the week. It includes wild and farm-raised varieties of fresh fish and an extensive variety of shellfish options.
- A full-service pharmacy offers traditional services including a drive-thru pharmacy window for added convenience. Customers also will be able to save time by renewing their prescriptions online and syncing their prescriptions so that all are due for pick up during the same time.
Be sure to look for the weekly buy-one get-one free (BOGO) items throughout the Henry County store and at the end of the aisles. To get a jump-start on savings, activate a Club Publix account to view Publix’s weekly ads one day early.
Publix, the largest employee-owned company in the U.S. with more than 225,000 associates, currently operates 1,265 stores in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina and Virginia.