The Fresh Produce & Floral Council has introduced a new set of board members for 2021.
Typically, the Fresh Produce & Floral Council would hold its annual dinner dance to announce the passing of the gavel from Brian Cook of Pete’s to Sean McClure of Professional Produce, the incoming 2021 chairman of the board; but due to COVID restrictions the event has been postponed until it is safe to meet in-person once again. Cook will remain on the FPFC board as the immediate past-chair representative, replacing Andrew Bivens of Westlake Produce Co.
“While this wasn’t the year I expected it to be, I am beyond grateful for the opportunity to serve the FPFC membership as chairman. It was challenging and required a lot of creative thinking to drive membership value. It is my sincere hope we delivered under these extraordinary circumstances. I am looking forward to working with Sean and the board as I continue as immediate past chair,” said Cook.
Kori Martin of The Oppenheimer Group is now chair elect and Kristen Reid of MIXTEC Group has joined the executive committee of the board as secretary. Michael Schutt of Raley’s will continue to be the treasurer. Roger Schroeder and Harland Heath will continue to serve as honorary past chairmen.
Retiring from the Fresh Produce & Floral Council Board this year are:
• Alfonso Cano, Superior Grocers;
• Greg Corrigan, United Vegetable Growers Co-operative;
• Don Gann, Fresh Produce & Floral Council; and
• Jeffrey McLellan, McLellan Credit Consulting.
New to the board of directors are:
• Jacob Cadwallader, Stater Bros.;
• Brad Martin, Perimeter Sales & Merchandising;
• Neil Merritt, Bard Valley Date Growers; and
• Michelle Ziegler, Pactiv.
Continuing their service as members of the Fresh Produce & Floral Council Board of Directors are:
• Kelly Craner, B&C Fresh Sales;
• Natalie J. Machado, FreshSource, LLC;
• Mil Mijanovic, Albertsons/Safeway;
• Marta Moreno, Rose-Gonzales Plants;
• Lynnie Nojadera, FreshSource LLC;
• Bryan Presley, Albertsons/Vons/Pavilions;
• Marvin Quebec, Quebec Distributing Co.;
• Veronica Rodarte, Progressive Produce LLC;
• Rachelle Schulken, Renaissance Food Group;
• Caitlin Tierney, Mastronardi Produce;
• Dannie Timblin, Melissa’s; and
• Paige Venable, Vallarta Supermarkets.
“We are truly grateful to our outgoing board members who have concluded their service. We thank them for volunteering and dedicating significant time and energy to help this association grow. We also want to congratulate and welcome this new group of members to the FPFC Board. As chairman for 2021, I am grateful and excited to have this collection of individuals join the FPFC board and bring their unique talents, expertise and perspectives to the work of the association and its members,” said McClure.
The Fresh Produce & Floral Council February Virtual Retail Panel also will mark the completion of the 2020 FPFC Apprentice Program and these graduating apprentices will be recognized during the program.
- Ryan Conlon, Progressive Produce, LLC;
- Cherie Clark, Fresh Concepts;
- Allie Fafard, Frieda’s;
- Kyle Griffith, Pete’s/Hollandia Produce;
- Kimiya Manshadi, Moonland Produce;
- Emma McBride-Taylor, Fresh Produce & Floral Council;
- Jennifer Miller, Zespri Kiwifruit;
- Malinda Moore, Fresh Concepts;
- Ali Romero, Torn & Glasser;
- Spencer Smith, Calavo Growers;
- Luke Vitanza, Wonderful Sales; and
- Justin Yates, Grocery Outlet.