Denver, Colorado-based Trax, a global provider of computer vision solutions and analytics for retail, has formed an advisory board. Made up of consumer packaged goods and retail industry leaders, the Trax Advisory Board will help advance the company’s mission to provide brands and retailers with timely visibility and enhanced execution by digitizing the physical store with computer vision. The advisory board is comprised of industry veterans with more than 160 years of combined CPG and retail expertise.
“We are fortunate to welcome such a seasoned group of industry professionals to the Trax team,” said Justin Behar, CEO of Trax. “This powerhouse group will provide guidance to better align our offerings to meet the challenges and opportunities facing the world’s leading consumer goods manufacturers and retailers and improve their in-store execution where it counts most – at the shelf.”
Trax Advisory Board members include:
- Mark Baum – SVP and chief collaboration and commercial officer, The Food Marketing Institute (FMI);
- Tom Corley – former EVP and chief revenue officer for Catalina and former SVP of U.S. field sales and food service for Kraft NA;
- Hollie Gonzales – president of Americas for SGSCO;
- Duncan MacNaughton – former CEO and COO of Family Dollar and former chief merchandising officer for Walmart;
- Manly Molpus – former CEO of Grocery Manufacturers Association;
- Christian Olivier – former president and CEO of SPAR Group and former president of Advantage Sales & Marketing; and
- Chris Policinski – former CEO/COO of Land O’Lakes and lead independent director for Hormel Foods.
Trax intends to leverage the deep expertise and insights of these industry leaders to help it deliver on customer needs, product and business initiatives. The company also will tap the advisory board for input on Trax’s robust innovation agenda, as well as how to strengthen customer relationships and industry engagement.
“Trax is truly paving the way for the new world of retail,” said Duncan MacNaughton, former CEO and COO of Family Dollar and former chief merchandising officer of Walmart. “Manufacturers and retailers across the globe are seeking innovative ways to keep up with rapidly changing consumer behavior. Trax is providing comprehensive solutions to this problem. As members of the Trax Advisory Board, we look forward to providing our insight to support Trax’s effort to help brands and retailers navigate this new retail environment.”
Grocery retailers and consumer goods manufacturers around the world leverage Trax’s in-store execution, store monitoring and retail analytics solutions to better manage on-shelf availability and optimize merchandising. These solutions are powered by proprietary fine-grained image recognition and machine learning algorithms that turn photos of retail shelves into granular, actionable, shelf and store-level insights.