Jacksonville, Florida-based Southeastern Grocers Inc. opened its new Fresco y Más Supermarket, located at 1229 A Providence Blvd., in Deltona, Florida, on Nov. 17.
The new Hispanic grocery store will provide the community with a specialized shopping experience that focuses on celebrating the local growing Hispanic culture in Deltona and Volusia County.
A grand opening ceremony began at 7:45 a.m. Nov. 17 with a ribbon cutting, live music, free giveaways and mystery gift cards, valued from $5 to $500, for the first 100 customers.
The new store presented a $1,000 donation to Forest Lake Elementary School to give back to the local youth and future leaders of the community.
“At Southeastern Grocers, we are dedicated to providing the best products and services for our local communities,” said Anthony Hucker, president and CEO. “With 37 years of experience serving the Deltona community, we believe now is the right time to expand our offerings in Volusia County to provide a supermarket fit for the growing Hispanic community. We listened to customer feedback and evaluated key consumer insights when developing our new Fresco y Más to reflect the unique needs of our Deltona customers.”
New enhancements and offerings throughout the Fresco y Más store include:
- A new custom facade featuring a vibrant yellow color palate and bi-lingual signage throughout the store;
- Refreshed “Frutas y Verduras” (produce department) featuring a farmer’s market setting with a wider selection of tropical fruits and vegetables;
- A new “Cocina” (kitchen) offering daily specials of freshly prepared family favorites made from scratch and daily specials, like arroz congri, pallet and more;
- An all-new, full-service Latin “Carnicería” (butcher shop) offering an expanded selection of fresh, custom-cut meats, including T-bone steak, roast beef, whole or half top round and pork loin;
- Renovated “Panadería” (bakery) department offering an expanded selection of Hispanic pastries and local baked goods, including flan, croquette and custom tres leches cakes, made fresh daily, as well as a wider selection of local favorites;
- A refreshed Wall of Value section now featuring enhanced weekly specials on popular items customers purchase most;
- A new Dollar Zone within the store, that features hundreds of everyday essentials that are tailored to the community, from grocery and cleaning to health and beauty; and
- An all-new café with expanded seating area serving authentic Hispanic breakfast, pastries, drinks and hot and cold sandwiches.
The new Deltona Fresco y Más will be open from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m., seven days a week.
Founded in 2016, Fresco y Más grocery stores serve Hispanic and Caribbean communities throughout South and Central Florida. Fresco y Más is a subsidiary of Southeastern Grocers, which is one of the largest supermarket chains based in the Southeast. For more information, visit www.frescoymas.com.