Sylmar, California-based Vallarta Supermarkets’ menu has launched new meatless meals during Lent for those forgoing meat during the observance. Customers following a Lenten diet can enjoy tasty meatless alternatives to the familiar authentic foods they love. The Lent menu will be available until April 17.
“Our Lent menu offers traditional favorites with meatless alternatives full of flavor,” said Andrew Lewis, VP of marketing for Vallarta Supermarkets. “Any customer forgoing meat doesn’t mean fewer options – at Vallarta we have you covered.”
New to this year’s menu is a bowl of traditional lentil soup, also serving other dishes including Baja-style battered fish tacos, authentic ceviches made in-store and seasonal bread pudding – capirotada.
The following Lent menu items will be available across all stores at various in-store departments: La Cocina, Pescadería, Cevichería, Cremería and the Grab & Go.
- La Cocina (Vallarta’s restaurant): La Cocina a la carte menu offers familiar favorites that include: Baja-style battered fish tacos, chile rellenos, tortas de camarón (shrimp patties) and fried Mojarra. The Lent favorite, milk capirotada (bread pudding), will be available to order on weekends from La Cocina. The stores will also offer tostado bolillo for customers looking to bake their own capirotada at home.
- Pescadería (seafood department): The Pescadería offers fresh varieties of fish, shrimp, imitation crab and seafood mixtures, available at all store locations.
- Cevichería (ceviche section): A variety of ceviches and aguchile can be found in the Cevichería, where the ceviche is made fresh daily in-store, several times throughout the day. Popular Ceviches available include: Fish Ceviche, Mango and Avocado Shrimp Ceviche and Aguachile. All of our shrimp ceviches are made with shrimp from the Baja Region of Mexico.
- Cremería (Deli): Cremería at Vallarta offers a variety of cheeses, salsas, and ready to go food items. For Lent, traditional favorites are returning to La Cremería including Nopal salad, crab and shrimp Louie salad; tuna salad, imitation crab salad, macaroni salad and potato salad.
- Grab & Go: Prepared Grab & Go items will include ceviche ready-to-go and enjoy in a cup. Options include Fish Ceviche, Shrimp Avocado and Mango and Aguachile, etc.
Also, through Vallarta Go, customers can shop from home and have their groceries and fresh authentic foods delivered. La Cocina items are available for delivery via DoorDash.
For more information, visit vallartasupermarkets.com.