The California Grocers Association in partnership with the Navigator Lighthouse Foundation has announced its 2022 Emerging Brands Pitch Slam Contest at the CGA Strategic Conference. Set for Sept. 25, in Palm Springs, the selected brands will present their products to an audience of retailers and consumer packaged goods companies.
Only 10 companies will be selected. The participating companies will have five minutes to convince California grocery retailers in the audience to stock the exhibited item in their stores.
Any company that can meet the CGA’s criteria may enter:
- The product must be retail ready and be able to be shipped to California retailers starting Oct. 1;
- Participating retailers must be available to attend the CGA Strategic Conference in Palm Springs, Sept. 25-27;
- Verified sales of a minimum of $100,000 for the past 12 months;
- Have a UNFI, KEHE, C&S or DPI distribution supply chain network in place; and
- Showcased products should be innovative and fill a need for the consumer.
Participants will be vying for a “golden ticket,” which will be issued from retailers, distributors and financial institutions.
The deadline for submission is July 31. Winners will be selected on Aug. 8.
For more information on the CGA, visit cagrocers.com.
For more association news from The Shelby Report, click here.