New York-based Vita Coco is giving consumers the chance to participate in a fundraising initiative to give back to coconut farming communities for World Coconut Day, held Sept. 2.
Vita Coco partnered with Beautiful Destinations, a platform for travel and lifestyle content, to produce short-form video content for the Vita Coco Project, the brand’s social impact program.
The video, which spotlights the coconut farmers that make Vita Coco’s business possible, debuted Sept. 2 on Vita Coco’s Instagram and TikTok pages. It invites consumers to like, comment and share the post to generate donations up to $50,000 toward the Vita Coco Project.
- For each like, it will provide a coconut tree seedling for farmers to plant;
- For each comment tagging a friend, it will provide seedling supplies; and
- For each video share, it will support the lifetime maintenance of a coconut tree.
“Having a positive impact on the world is an important part of our business, and in collaborating with Vita Coco we saw an opportunity to raise awareness of the amazing things the brand is doing,” said Jeremy Jauncey, founder of Beautiful Destinations. “We love the product, the team and all they stand for, and hope to continue supporting their mission of raising coconut farming communities out of poverty.”
Since the Vita Coco Project’s inception in 2014, it has made an impact in these communities, empowering them through a community-based approach:
- Built 35 classrooms for the next generation of coconut farmers and entrepreneurs;
- Planted 70,000 seedlings to replace aging coconut trees and promote biodiversity within coconut farms; and
- Trained 7,000 farmers in regenerative and agronomic best practices.
“Every World Coconut Day, we look to celebrate our coconut farming communities. I’m particularly excited about our video this year because it shows our fans the diligence, spirit and vibrancy that exists within our farming communities,” said Jane Prior, CMO at The Vita Coco Company.
“We’re really proud of this work with Beautiful Destinations. It was important for us to partner with Filipino creatives and a local team of travel and lifestyle content experts to tell the story in the most authentic and beautiful way possible.”