The Independent Grocers Alliance honored a host of members and partners from across the globe at events during The NGA Show Feb. 26-27 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
IGA presented innovation awards to independent grocery retailers, manufacturing and service provider partners and licensed distribution centers, which highlighted a range of best practices and innovations, including excelling in digital marketing and community engagement and fresh food innovations.
“Whenever you’re out in this job and you bump into someone that’s doing something cool or fun, in that moment you say, ‘I would love to be able to recognize what you’re doing,” IGA CEO John Ross said of these winners. “Because it’s not just an award for what they did; it’s an opportunity to be recognized publicly.”
IGA Awards of Excellence Recipients
- Red Oval Partner of the Year Award: Kimberly-Clark Corporation | Irving, Texas
- For setting an exemplary role as a dedicated partner to IGA.
- Licensed Distribution Center of the Year: Ira Higdon Grocery Company | Cairo, Georgia
- For demonstrating true leadership and innovation in the advancement of the IGA brands and its retailers.
- Spirit of IGA Award: Gwen Christon | Isom IGA | Isom, Kentucky
- For her resilience to feed her community after her store was devastated by Kentucky floods last year and her determination to reopen to further serve the community.
IGA Innovation Award Recipients
- ADvay Partnership Award: AR Marketing & Redner’s Markets – Findlay, Ohio & Reading, Pennsylvania
- For creating a more effective and efficient advertising plan for Redner’s stores through a partnership with ADvay Media Group.
- ADvay 360° Analytics Insight Award: Spires IGA Market & Ira Higdon Grocery Company – Lake Butler, Florida & Cairo, Georgia
- For their commitment to using data and analytics to learn about the marketplace improve customer experience.
- ADvay 360° Analytics Insight Award: WalterMart | Quezon City, Philippines
- For their commitment to using data and analytics to learn about the marketplace and improve customer experience.
- Digital Media Pioneer Award: Geissler’s Supermarkets | Bloomfield, Connecticut
- For excellence in digital advertising optimization through the IGA Retail Media Network.
- Digital Media Pioneer Award: Young’s Payless IGA |Lockeford, California
- For excellence in digital advertising optimization through IGA’s local digital ad platform.
- Fresh Food Innovation Award: Jones & Co. Grocer | Queensland, Australia
- For their ongoing commitment to provide shoppers with the best in fresh, local foods.
- Social Media Award: Sprankle’s Neighborhood Market | Saxonburg, Pennsylvania
- For their excellence in social media engagement and innovative shopper campaigns.
- Local Equals Fresh Award: Hollister Supermarket IGA | Hollister, California
- For their commitment to advancing the power of local through Local Equals Fresh marketing and merchandising.
- Sustainability Award: Strack & Van Til | Highland, Indiana
- For their trailblazing commitment to sustainable operations in grocery.
- Growers Association Award: Laurel Grocery Company | London, Kentucky
- For the commitment to produce marketing and merchandising through IGA’s first growers association advertising campaign.
- Community Giving Award: Ritchies IGA | Carrum Downs, Australia
- For their ongoing commitment to giving back to the local communities served through its Community Benefit Program.
- Giving Back Award: Bozzuto’s Inc. | Cheshire, Connecticut
- For their ongoing commitment to raising awareness and funds for Special Olympics.
- Entrepreneurial Growth and Development Award: UMS/Unitrade South Africa – Johannesburg, South Africa
- For its ongoing commitment to ensure independent grocers continue to grow and thrive.
Visit IGA’s 2023 Awards & Recognition page to see videos and highlights of the companies.