Last updated on October 27th, 2023 at 10:04 am
Shoppers in California’s Antelope Valley have a new destination for quality and budget-friendly household and club-sized products with the Oct. 25 opening of the Smart & Final Extra! store in Lancaster.
The 32,000-square-foot store at 2058 W. Avenue J is the second Smart & Final has opened in less than a year, following the debut of a store in San Jose. A third Smart & Final Extra! store is set to open next month in Madera, California.
In Lancaster, shoppers can find a selection of USDA-certified meats, fresh and organic produce, frozen and packaged foods, as well as personal care and household products.
“As a longtime resident of Lancaster, I know families and shoppers from across this community will welcome Smart & Final’s unmatched grocery shopping experience, from our fresh produce, quality meats to our extensive selection of club-sized items,” said Mireya Flores, store manager.
“Whether you’re shopping for your family or business, we have everything you need to help save our customers time and money in one trip, and that’s it.”
Store features include:
- High-quality food options such as First Street meats, cheeses and bread;
- Organic groceries and eco-friendly options from Smart & Final’s Sun Harvest brand;
- An assortment of fresh fruits and vegetables;
- A fully stocked deli department, featuring the brand’s best-selling First Street Oven Roasted Chickens;
- Goods tailored to business and household customers like high-quantity paper products, beverages, snacks and cleaning supplies;
- A variety of household and club-sized products;
- Fresh floral department; and
- Same-day delivery from SmartandFinal.com or through the app.
On opening day, customers received a free branded tote bag with purchase and could enter to win a Smart & Final Gift Card.
In celebration of the opening, the Smart & Final Charitable Foundation presented two $2,500 donations to Lost Angels Children’s Project, which serves youth, families and distressed communities, and Grace Resource Center, a nonprofit that provides training, food, personal care and clothing to disadvantaged families in the Antelope Valley.
The donations are part of Smart & Final’s commitment to supporting organizations and causes in the communities it serves.
Read more corporate store news from The Shelby Report.