Marking its expansion into Los Angeles’ South Bay area, Vallarta Supermarkets is holding a grand opening Nov. 8 for a store at 110 E. Carson St. in Carson, California.
To celebrate, Vallarta Supermarkets will give the first 300 customers reusable bags filled with groceries or gift baskets.
“Our goal has always been to provide a welcoming shopping experience where our customers can find fresh, high-quality products to everyday essentials while celebrating the cultural diversity that makes this community unique,” said Lizette Gomez, director of marketing at Vallarta Supermarkets.
The new store will feature Vallarta’s special departments that include:
- La Fruteria: Customers can make fresh fruit bowls in-store. They can choose fruits and add toppings like Tajin, Chamoy, lime juice and salt.
- Fresh Produce: Features items from local growers, as well as those across the U.S. and around the world, including Mexico, Chile, Canada, Peru, Guatemala and New Zealand. Also available are seasonal and Latino favorites like mamey, chayote and mango tierno.
- Carnes Frescas: Vallarta’s Carne Asada features an authentic blend of spices and fresh ingredients in its marinade. The store offers a variety of American meat cuts, such as Porterhouse, T-Bone and Tri-Tip, and carries USDA choice Tomahawk steak, a thick-cut ribeye steak, not commonly carried at other supermarkets.
- Pescaderia: This area includes an in-house Cevicheria, with a selection of fresh and frozen quality seafood from all over the world. Eight varieties of authentic ceviches are made in small batches throughout the day to ensure peak freshness.
- Tortilleria: Customers can buy authentic homemade fresh corn and flour tortillas every day, soaked and boiled for 24 hours, ground with volcanic rock and then cooked.
- Cremería: This is Vallarta’s version of a traditional deli, with a selection of house-made cremas from Mexico and Central America.
- Panaderia: Shoppers can find Latin American breads like conchas, puerquitos, mantecadas and bolillos.
- La Isla: A juice bar with fresh-pressed fruit and vegetable juices. Various aguas frescas also are available in many flavors, like horchata, pineapple, papaya, mamey and Jamaica.
Through the Vallarta Go delivery service, customers can also shop and have groceries delivered. La Cocina items are available for delivery via DoorDash.
About Vallarta Supermarkets
Founded more than 35 years ago, Vallarta has more than 8,000 employees at 55 stores throughout California (Ventura, Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside, Kern, San Diego, Santa Barbara, Tulare, Orange, and Fresno counties).
Read more multicultural news from The Shelby Report.