Heritage Grocers Group is expanding its footprint in Nevada by opening a new 40,000-square-foot Cardenas Markets store Dec. 6 at 4105 S. Buffalo Drive in Las Vegas, bringing the company’s store count to 115 locations in six states.
“The Heritage team is excited to expand its presence in the Las Vegas market with the opening of our 58th Cardenas Markets location,” said Doug Sanders, chairman and CEO.
“We strive to deliver an exceptional shopping experience where our customers will find a wide assortment of fresh and authentic products reflective of the local community.”
The new Cardenas location features:
- Produce department with an array of seasonal fruits and vegetables from the U.S. and Latin America;
- Full-service meat department with fresh cuts of beef, pork and chicken cut daily, in addition to a large selection of seafood;
- Mexican Cocina where customers will find carnitas, tamales, taquería classics and several Daily Deal options;
- Bakery filled with specialty pastries, desserts, cakes, pan dulce and bolillos that are baked fresh daily;
- Selection of pinatas and balloons for all occasions; and
- On-site Money Business Service center.
An official ribbon cutting will include remarks from local dignitaries, performances by Spring Valley High School Band and cheerleaders, in addition to mariachis.
Following the ceremony, product giveaways and face painting will take place in the parking lot, and the first 100 customers will receive a $50 Cardenas Markets gift card.
The Cardenas Markets Foundation will make donations totaling $25,000 to Spring Valley High School ($10,000), University Medical Center Foundation ($5,000), Three Squares Food Bank ($5,000) and Children’s Foundation of Las Vegas ($5,000).
About Heritage Grocers Group
Headquartered in Ontario, California, Heritage Grocers Group is a specialty, ethnic food retailer that offers an extensive assortment of traditional and specialty grocery items.
The company operates in California, Texas, Nevada, Arizona, Kansas and Illinois. It has 57 stores under the Cardenas Markets banner, 29 El Rancho Supermercado stores, 21 Tony’s Fresh Markets and seven stores Los Altos Ranch Markets.
Read more independent store news from The Shelby Report.