In many households, mornings include rituals and memorable shared moments for people and cats alike. In a recent survey of U.S. cat owners conducted on behalf of the Fancy Feast® brand, more than 60 percent of respondents said their cats were most eager to get their attention in the morning so they could eat. From cats waking owners by meowing or pawing at them in bed, to owners responding with affection and a meal, many cats and owners connect first thing in the morning and start the day together.
To celebrate the connections cats and their owners share through these special moments, the Fancy Feast brand introduces Fancy Feast Mornings™ Gourmet Cat Food, a new line of breakfast-inspired morning meals for cats. With a new reason to love mornings, cat owners may now start their cats’ days with protein-rich entrees made with poultry or seafood, garden veggies and real egg.
There are six new breakfast-inspired Fancy Feast Mornings Gourmet Cat Food varieties:
• Souffle With White Meat Chicken, Garden Veggies and Egg;
• Souffle With Turkey, Garden Veggies and Egg;
• Souffle With Wild Salmon, Garden Veggies and Egg;
• Medley With White Meat Chicken, Garden Veggies and Egg in Sauce;
• Medley With Trout, Garden Veggies and Egg in Sauce; and
• Medley With Wild Salmon, Garden Veggies and Egg in Sauce
The new Fancy Feast Mornings Gourmet Cat Food entrees are available in stores nationwide for the suggested retail price of $0.80-$0.89 per can.
Additionally, consumers now can find Morning Missions announcements on the Fancy Feast Facebook timeline. When the community completes the mission, free samples are unlocked at www.Facebook.com/FancyFeast.
Survey shows mornings are special for cats and their owners
A recent survey by the Fancy Feast brand shed light on the morning rituals shared by American cats and their owners:
• More than 60 percent of cat owner respondents said their cats were most eager to get their attention in the morning so they could eat;
• Nearly 45 percent of cat owner respondents feed their cats first thing in the morning;
• More than 70 percent of cat owner respondents said they are awakened in the morning either by their cats or their alarm clocks; and
• Among those who are awakened by their cats, more than 50 percent said their cats wake them up by meowing for their morning meals.
Mobile morning moments
To ensure cat owners never miss out on these irreplaceable moments—even when away from home—the Fancy Feast brand created a free mobile alarm clock iPhone app called “MorningPurr.”
The “MorningPurr” app—available in early July—enables cat owners to record their cats’ purrs as alarm wake-up sounds, and personalize alarm screens with photos of their cats. iPhone users can download the app by visiting the App Store on their phones.