Last updated on July 19th, 2016 at 08:14 am
Ticklebelly cakebars, cake baked onto a stick, have launched in grocery stores nationwide.
Created by a team of dessert chefs, cakebars are baked with thoughtfully sourced ingredients and contain no artificial preservatives, colors or flavors. Unlike cakepops, which are created by blending cake with buttercream, Ticklebelly cakebars are cake baked onto a stick, enveloped in a confectionary coating and sprinkled with toppings.
Found in retailers’ in-store bakeries, cakebars are designed for easy, on-the-go snacking and have only 150 calories or less per bar.
Ticklebelly cakebars are available in the following flavors:
- Dark Chocolate: Dark chocolate cake dipped in a dark chocolate shell and finished with chocolate flakes.
- Vanilla Bean: Vanilla cake dipped in a vanilla bean shell and finished with colorful sugar sprinkles.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter: Peanut butter cake dipped in a milk chocolate shell, finished with a sprinkle of roasted peanut pieces.
- Cookies n’ Cream: Vanilla cake with pieces of chocolate cookie crumb, dipped in a vanilla shell and sprinkled with chocolate cookie crumble.
- Salted Caramel Shortbread: Caramel cake dipped in a caramel shell and finished with a sprinkle of sea salt and shortbread crumbs.
- Seasonal flavors include: Strawberry Shortcake and Sweet Lemon in the spring/summer, and Sweet Pumpkin, Peppermint Bark and Red Velvet in the fall/winter.
“We couldn’t be more excited for the launch of cakebars,” said Brian McGuire, president of Denver, Colorado-based Ticklebelly. “Cake is a classic dessert–everyone likes cake, adults and children alike. What’s better than being able to enjoy cake just because you want to? Cakebars are approachable, fun and just the treat for a sweet tooth.”
Ticklebelly cakebars will be available in packs of four (as well as a bulk option) at major grocers nationwide; SRP $4.99 per pack.