Last updated on October 25th, 2016 at 10:03 am
Southeastern Grocers, parent company of Bi-Lo, Harveys and Winn-Dixie, on Thursday opened what it calls a local evolution of the flagship Winn-Dixie concept that debuted in Jacksonville earlier this year. The new Winn-Dixie at Hyde Park, located at 2100 W. Swann Avenue, has been tailored specifically to the South Tampa community with a focus on quality food, personality and great value. This store is a continuation of an extensive store remodel program for 2016, according to Jacksonville-based Southeastern Grocers.
Ian McLeod, president and CEO of Southeastern Grocers, said, “Every part of this store was designed with the Hyde Park customer in mind. Winn-Dixie at Hyde Park provides a contemporary, friendly and exciting in-store environment complete with quality products and offerings that the local community told us they’d want in a grocery store.”
Trained and qualified associates are available to help customers and their families easily find healthy options and prepared meal solutions in response to customers’ requests for an easier, more convenient shopping experience. A health and wellness specialist will be on-hand to assist with product recommendations of the nearly 3,000 natural and organic products in the new health food store-within-a-store called “Naturally Better.”
Customers looking for more prepared meal solutions will find a variety of selections at The Kitchen. Complete with an in-house, stone-hearth pizza oven and smokehouse, customers can choose menu items ranging from signature pizzas to 10-12 hour slow cooked brisket and pulled pork seasoned with signature Hickory Sweet Rubs.
The cheese steward and wine steward are available to discuss new products and pairings with the family chef, and all associates have been trained on proper handling of kosher products.
Those in need of a coffee break while shopping can visit the Café. With a trained barista on the team, customers can order a cup of “Joe,” frappe, cappuccino, smoothie or milkshake and either sit and enjoy it at the café-style seating with free Wi-Fi or conveniently place it in their shopping cart’s cup holder. Fresh, hot mini-donuts made in-store and locally made Kahwa Coffee also is available for purchase.
Other store features include:
• Produce department with quality produce packed on ice daily to maintain freshness as well as cold-pressed juices from Bolthouse Farms.
• Deli with more than 400 local and international artisanal cheeses. Customers also will find easy meal solutions in the form of noodle and fajita bowls from Tampa-based Eat Fresco; an assortment of Greek foods from the popular Tampa restaurant, The Hungry Greek; and a variety of salsa from a local company, Sunset Salsa.
• Sub Station serving on-the-go subs like the Rotisserie Turkey Melt, Caprese, Italian and Tampa’s favorite, a pressed Cuban.
• Butcher department with fresh, local meats, including Florida Frank’s grass-fed, natural beef and organic chicken, USDA Choice Prime beef, dry aged beef and premium Wagyu cuts. The butcher makes fresh cuts of meat by request.
• Bakery department with an assortment of Mike’s Pies made in Tampa and homemade cupcakes as well as an assortment of kosher breads and pastries and a new gourmet cake program.
• A full-service seafood department offering shoppers a variety of items, including 4-Star BAP certified sustainable salmon and seafood-stuffed tilapia fillets. Customers can select their own live lobster from the lobster tank or select a convenient “Seafood Made Easy” meal to cut down on cooking time at home.
• Expanded kosher selection with 24 feet of kosher grocery items as well as fresh and frozen kosher offerings throughout the meat, dairy, bakery, wine and frozen departments.
• A wide assortment of locally made grocery items can be found throughout the store from partnerships with local Tampa Bay vendors.
• Remodeled Beer, Wine & Spirits shop with a variety of spirits from around the world, as well as a cigar humidor.
• Child-friendly shopping with miniature shopping carts entertainment throughout the store.
• Experienced team with more than 500 combined years of service.