Kosherfest has announced the winners of its annual new product competition. Each year, hundreds of kosher-certified companies vie for the best new product introduced into the kosher marketplace.
The big winner this year is Deep Dish Pizzas from Gino’s East. A Chicago tradition, deep dish pizza as a frozen food option for the kosher consumer is an entirely new concept.
According to Kosherfest officials, this year several trends were seen with an increase in convenience packaging and “on-the-go” products as well as “clean” ingredients and organic, gluten-free and vegan products.
Entries spanned the globe, with products coming from countries such as Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Canada, China, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, France, India, Israel, Italy, Philippines, Russia, Sri Lanka, the United Kingdom and the U.S.
“Some people don’t realize how global the kosher industry is today. Our exhibitors are showcasing some of the finest products in the world, and we are proud to provide a platform to introduce these products to the marketplace and connect professional kosher buyers and sellers to help move the industry forward. It’s incredible,” said Christine Salmon, Kosherfest show director.
Additional highlights of the show—which opens Nov. 14 at the Meadowlands Exposition Center in Secaucus, New Jersey—include a keynote presentation from Google’s trendspotting lead, Yarden Horwitz, and several educational culinary demonstrations from international kosher star Jamie Geller as well as samples and displays of all the new product winners.
Here is the full list of 2017 winners:
- Frozen Entrees (and Best in Show): Gino’s East Deep Dish Pizzas (Gino’s East);
- Sweet Snacks: MetaBall Chocolate Brownie (MetaBall Nutrition);
- Frozen Desserts: 12″ Salted Caramel Frizza (Elegant Desserts New York);
- Giftware & Novelties: Disposable Printed Table Covers (Plastish);
- Kosher for Passover: Matzogram Printed Matzos (Independent Ink Inc.);
- Beverages (non-alcoholic): Bare Juice (Eco Alpha Ltd.);
- Savory Snacks: Tuscanini Parchment Crackers (Kayco);
- Baked Goods: Wholly Gluten-Free Brownie (Wholly Wholesome);
- Dips & Spreads: Delinut Caramel & Chocolate Spread (Shneider’s);
- Sauces: Tandoor by Mikee Indian Cooking Sauces (Exotic Sauce Packaging Inc.);
- Pastas, Rice & Grains: Fontana Formiello Risotto Rice & Couscous (Fontana Formiello Gastronomia);
- Baking Aisle: Razzle Mix (Baker’s Choice);
- Food Service: Battered Apple Rings (B’gan);
- Packaged Meats: Dry Beef Sausage (Usine Amsellem);
- Wines: Ur Kasdim (De La Rosa Real Foods & Vineyards); and
- Cheese: Natural & Kosher Salad Toppings (Anderson International Foods).
Visit kosherfest.com/new-product-gallery to view the winning items. All products will be available to taste at Kosherfest, which is open to trade professionals only. More than 5,000 industry professionals are expected to attend the two-day show, Nov. 14-15, and more than 325 exhibitors will feature kosher-certified products and services for the kosher market.