The Wellness Experience by Kroger and Jewel will launch with a World Mental Health Day Summit & Concert on Oct. 10, featuring artists, business leaders and mental health experts for a day of inspiration, education and entertainment. The free live-stream event will shine a light on mindfulness and mental wellness and practices to combat depression and anxiety. This will be done through personal stories, songs and expert interviews and will provide viewers with actionable steps to improve their well-being.
Since 2018, Kroger, Jewel and Inclusion Companies have partnered to create physical, emotional and mental wellness events. The Wellness Experience platform expands the partnership with monthly digital events and healthy-living resources.
“We launched The Wellness Experience to inspire everyone to live healthier lives. The goal is to provide easy steps and solutions that combine health, wellness and nutrition and connect with our customers on a personal level,” said Colleen Lindholz, president of Cincinnati, Ohio-based Kroger Health. “The platform also provides Kroger Health with an additional way to highlight the helpful and accessible products, services and resources we offer to support our customers’ well-being.”
The summit and concert will be co-hosted by Jewel and Frankie Grande and feature appearances from:
- Jewel, multi-platinum singer-songwriter, actress, bestselling author and co-founder of The Wellness Experience;
- Rodney McMullen, chairman and CEO, The Kroger Co.;
- Dr. Marc Watkins, chief medical officer, The Kroger Co.;
- Frankie Grande, actor, influencer, philanthropist;
- Beth Behrs, actress and writer, host and executive producer of Harmonics Podcast;
- HAIM, American Rock band;
- Willie Jones, Country and Hip-Hop artist, host of Apple Music’s Crossroads Radio;
- Brynn Elliot, singer-songwriter;
- Grace VanderWaal, singer-songwriter;
- X Ambassadors, Rock band;
- Judah & the Lion, Alt-Folk trio;
- Nicholas Petricca, Walk the Moon band;
- Justin Kan, co-founder of Twitch, entrepreneur and investor;
- Molly Bloom, entrepreneur, author and subject of the Academy Award-nominated film “Molly’s Game;”
- Dr. Blaise Aguirre, expert in child and adolescent psychiatry at Harvard Medical School Affiliate McLean Hospital; and
- Dr. Judson Brewer, addiction psychiatrist, expert in mindfulness training for habit change, treating addictions and unwanted behaviors.
“We recognize that many are combating the silent symptoms of COVID 19 – anxiety, depression and isolation – in addition to their physical health,” said Jewel. “We know that mental wellness is critical right now, and I’m thrilled to partner with Kroger to safely connect with people across the U.S. to provide tools and resources for mental wellness during these uncertain times.”
The event also will raise funds to support the Inspiring Children Foundation (ICF) and its COVID-19 mental health programs. ICF is a Las Vegas-based non-profit that aims to revolutionize youth development by providing an ideal model of education in underserved communities. For 18 years, ICF has helped at-risk youth suffering with financial distress, anxiety, depression and suicidal ideation survive then thrive at their highest levels.
To register for the free World Mental Health Day Summit & Concert, visit here.