The New Jersey Food Council held its NJFC Annual Golf Outing on July 25 at the Suburban Golf Club in Union Township.
Members enjoyed meeting food industry executives representing retailers, manufacturers, brokers, wholesalers and convenience stores from across New Jersey.
“This popular event always brings out a great mix of food trade associates and retail executives and we were excited to return to our double shotgun format this year,” said Linda Doherty, NJFC president. “Golfers also enjoyed the generous goody bag donations, door prizes and member camaraderie.”
The winning golfers:
- Best team score AM: Dan Vassalotti, Dan Laerutto, Dan Paul with 4C and Gary Rosenthal with JOH;
- Best team score PM: Ed Nugent, Tony Dineen, Steve Casey and Kenneth Preziosi; Bimbo Bakeries;
- Closest to the pin – men: Gary Capozzi of PepsiCo and Ernest Benson of Liberty Coca-Cola;
- Closest to the pin – women: Amy Cosmas of PepsiCo and Colleen Meares, retired; and
- Longest drive (men and women): Amy Cosmos of PepsiCo, and Cary Capozzi of PepsiCo.
The New Jersey Food Council is the preeminent trade association representing almost 400 companies including 1,200 retail food stores, wholesalers, manufacturing and service companies that collectively employ more than 200,000 employees in New Jersey.
For more information, visit njfoodcouncil.com.
For more news from the NJFC presented by The Shelby Report, click here.