Kellogg Co. Introduces New Breakfast Products
Kellogg Co. is rolling out all-new versions of its popular morning favorites and a new cereal.
“At Kellogg, we have a clear understanding of the evolving lifestyles, taste preferences and nutrition needs of our consumers,” said Doug VanDeVelde, SVP of marketing and innovation for Kellogg Morning Foods. “We translate those insights into delicious and nutritious options that consumers love.”
These launches continue the momentum generated by other recent new breakfast products, including Krave cereal, according to a company news release.
The new products hitting stores include:
• Mini-Wheats Crunch is a unique fiber and whole-grain pillow-shaped cereal with the great taste of brown sugar. The first ever non-shredded cereal from this popular brand stays crispy in milk and provides the same nutrition benefits of regular Mini-Wheats (nearly a day’s worth of whole grain and 6g of fiber). Crunch will appeal to the 20 percent of consumers who do not prefer shredded cereal;
• Kellogg’s Scooby Doo cereal is made with whole grain and shaped in Scooby-inspired bone-shaped pieces with a vanilla flavor. It’s designed to appeal to parents who want to provide a tasty cereal for their kids with less sugar. With 50 percent of the recommended amount of whole grain per serving and 6g of sugar per serving, it’s a nutritious cereal that kids will love;
• Special K Chocolately Strawberry cereal is a limited-edition treat for weight managers that combines the great taste of two Special K favorites. It is satisfying as for breakfast or as a treat with 150 calories per serving with skim milk;
• Cinnamon is the fastest growing flavor in the segment and Kellogg’s Brown Sugar Cinnamon Jacks has a cinnamon taste that also flavors milk. It is a delicious cereal that is a good source of fiber (3g) and provides 11 vitamins and minerals; and
• Pop-Tarts Oatmeal Delights toaster pastries provide a new take on a breakfast favorite. They are lightly frosted and sprinkled with toasted cinnamon oat crumbles on a baked oat flour crust, and debut in two flavors, Strawberry and Maple Brown Sugar.