Walmart will convene approximately 1,500 people—including representatives from more than 500 supplier companies, 32 states, major retail industry leaders and other retailers—at its U.S. Manufacturing Summit on Thursday in Orlando, Fla. The event will be held from 1-4 p.m. at the Orange County Convention Center at 9800 International Dr.
Walmart says the summit will build on the Bentonville, Ark.-based company’s commitment to drive more American manufacturing as an industry. Attendees will discuss economic growth in the U.S.
Walmart and the National Retail Federation (NRF) say they are partnering to bring all sides together. Governors and state officials will have the opportunity to connect directly with hundreds of manufacturers who are ready to create jobs in their areas. Likewise, for supplier companies, it is an opportunity to present potential projects and learn about the resources available in different states, Walmart says.
Among those from Walmart attending:
• Mike Duke, president and CEO, Walmart Stores Inc.
• Bill Simon, president and CEO, Walmart U.S.
• Rosalind Brewer, president and CEO, Sam’s Club.
• Duncan Mac Naughton, EVP and chief merchandising and marketing officer, Walmart U.S.
Among the business leaders attending:
• Jeff Immelt, chairman and CEO, GE.
• Vlad Kazhdan, VP of product merchandising, Element Electronics Corp.
• Hamdi Ulukaya, founder and CEO, Chobani.
• H. Kim Kelley, chairman and CEO, Hampton Products International.
• Bud Kilby, president and CEO, Renfro.
• Kevin Toomey, president and CEO, Kayser-Roth Corp.
• Matthew Shay, president and CEO, National Retail Federation.
• Hal Sirkin, senior partner and managing director, Boston Consulting Group.
Among those from government attending:
• Penny Pritzker, U.S. Secretary of Commerce.
• Richard Fisher, president and CEO, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
• Gov. Mike Beebe (Arkansas)
• Gov. Phil Bryant (Mississippi)
• Gov. Nikki Haley (South Carolina)
• Gov. Paul LePage (Maine)
• Gov. Susana Martinez (New Mexico)
• Gov. C.L. “Butch” Otter (Idaho)
• Gov. Rick Scott (Florida)
• Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin (West Virginia)
The summit will be webcast live and can be followed on Twitter @Walmartnewsroom #MadeinUSA.