Android and iPhone users now can earn money when they buy an item listed in the app and take a picture of their receipt. To help celebrate the debut of Snap, people who download the app and use it to submit any grocery receipt through Nov. 11 can enter a sweepstakes to win a year of free groceries for an entire family, a value of $13,000.
Snap features cash-back offers on a variety of everyday grocery items, ranging from basic staples such as bread and milk to personal care and household products such as diapers and cleaning supplies.
“Snap is the latest way that we’re helping people discover new brands and save money on the things they buy every day,” said Sean Smyth, VP and GM of Snap by Groupon. “We’re using the power of smartphones to make couponing easier and more convenient while paying people to shop.”
Shoppers can use Snap to build their own grocery shopping list within the app and add featured items they wish to purchase during their trip. After a user accumulates $20 in cash back, they’re eligible to cash out.
“Snap builds on Groupon’s enormous mobile footprint of almost 92 million global app downloads, while allowing brands to connect with shoppers in a far more personal and targeted way,” Smyth said.
In addition to entering to win a year of free groceries, Snap users have access to introductory promoted items and brands, including:
- $1.00 cash back on any milk purchase
- $1.00 cash back on any bread purchase over $1.00
- $0.75 cash back on any Barilla Sauce
- $0.50 off Chobani Flips or Chobani Oats
- $1 cash back on any Country Crock or I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! spread
- $1.00 cash back on any two PF Chang’s frozen meals, rice or appetizers
- $1.00 cash back on any Hidden Valley bottled salad dressing
- $1.00 cash back on any Glad trash bags
- $3.00 cash back on Huggies diapers and $2.00 cash back on Huggies wipes, any variety
Users can easily refer family and friends to the app through Facebook and their email contact list, earning $1 cash back for everyone who opens an account and redeems their first eligible offer. To download the free Snap by Groupon app, shoppers can visit the Google Play Store or iTunes App Store. Snap also is available on the web at snap.groupon.com.