FMI—The Food Industry Association has appointed its 2020 board of directors, reflecting the business of food and related grocery products—wherever they are bought, sold or produced. FMI introduced six product suppliers to its board and ushered in a new term chairman, Randy Edeker, chairman, president and CEO of Hy-Vee Inc., at the FMI Midwinter Executive Conference held Jan. 25-26 in Phoenix, Arizona.
“FMI views the marketplace—in its many manifestations—as the place where the food industry fulfills its mission of feeding and enriching society,” said FMI President and CEO Leslie Sarasin. “We embrace the full breadth of the food industry, particularly as companies become more interconnected and vertically integrated up and down the supply chain.
“I am especially grateful to our immediate past chairman, Joe Sheridan, along with the entire FMI Executive Committee for their vital role in influencing our direction to activate and enact our 2019-approved strategic plan. Now, under Randy Edeker’s leadership, we will lead with a renewed focus in this expanded food marketplace,” Sarasin said.
The following new officers will serve a two-year term:
- Chairman: Randy Edeker, Hy-Vee Inc., West Des Moines, Iowa;
- President and CEO: Leslie Sarasin, FMI, Arlington, Virginia;
- Immediate Past Chairman: Joseph Sheridan, Wakefern Food Corp., Keasbey, New Jersey;
- Vice Chairman, Finance: Brian George, Alex Lee Inc., Hickory, North Carolina;
- Vice Chairman, Communications: Jerry Golub, Price Chopper Supermarkets, Schenectady, New York;
- Vice Chairman, Industry Relations: Kevin Holt, Delhaize America, Salisbury, North Carolina;
- Vice Chairman, Public Affairs: Laura Karet, Giant Eagle Inc., Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania;
- Vice Chairman, Food Safety: Susan Morris, Albertsons Cos., Boise, Idaho;
- Vice Chairman, Member Services: Michael Needler Jr., Fresh Encounter Inc., Findlay, Ohio;
- Vice Chairman, Product Supplier: Steve Presley, Nestlé USA Inc., Arlington, Virginia;
- Vice Chairman, Wholesaler: Steve Spinner, United Natural Foods Inc., Providence, Rhode Island; and
- Vice Chairman, Independent Operators: Lauri Youngquist, Knowlan’s Super Markets Inc., St. Paul, Minnesota.
Newest product supplier members are:
- Mary Barnard, Mondelez International, East Hanover, New Jersey;
- Steven Oakland, TreeHouse Foods Inc., Oak Brook, Illinois;
- Michael Potthoff, Anheuser-Busch Cos. LLC, St. Louis, Missouri; and
- Steven Williams, PepsiCo Inc., Plano, Texas.
New chairman’s appointees, to serve a two-year term, are:
- Tim Figge, Hussmann Corp., Bridgeton, Missouri;
- Anthony Hucker, Southeastern Grocers LLC, Jacksonville, Florida;
- Kenneth McGrath, Save-A-Lot Ltd., Earth City, Missouri;
- Lori Mitchell-Keller, SAP America Inc., Newtown Square, Pennsylvania;
- John Ross, IGA Inc., Chicago, Illinois;
- Randy Skoda, Topco Associates LLC, Elk Grove Village, Illinois; and
- Tobias Wasmuht, SPAR International, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
The purpose of the FMI Board is to promote and carry out the objectives and purposes of FMI; to represent the total and varied membership of FMI; to establish major policies for FMI; to demonstrate a model of an active, participative and sharing membership; to appoint the president; and to provide industry leadership.