Whole Foods Market will open its new 30,000-s.f. store in Toledo, Ohio, at 9 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 7. The new store will be located at 3420 Secor Road.
Opening day celebrations will include complimentary coffee, pastries and music before the store opens. Additionally, the first 200 customers will receive a custom Whole Foods Market Toledo canvas tote bag and a savings card with a mystery value ranging between $5 and $100.
“We can’t wait to welcome our neighbors into their new Whole Foods Market,” said Ben Moher, store team leader. “We look forward to providing the Toledo community with access to the highest quality food, grocery and body care products and a range of items sourced from local producers.”
All food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s quality standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners. The store will offer a wide selection of locally sourced options, grab-and-go prepared foods and natural and organic grocery items.
Special features of the store include:
- A fresh produce department with seasonal fruits and vegetables, including 24 feet dedicated to fresh vegetables with selections from regional growers, and self-serve, fresh squeezed orange juice;
- A bakery department offering an array of breads, pastries, cakes and self-serve grab-and-go mini desserts, including vegan and other special diet offerings;
- A full-service butcher department with fresh meat cuts, including options from local suppliers;
- A seafood department with fresh seafood offerings and a large selection of packaged and frozen fish options;
- A specialty foods section with an extensive selection of cheeses as well as a self-serve olive and antipasti bar;
- Hot and cold prepared food bars featuring seasonal dishes with vegan and organic options; department includes a salad bar, soup wells, skillet bar with finger foods, full charcuterie case, self-serve Detroit-style pan pizza, sushi, rotisserie chickens and made-to-order sandwiches;
- A beauty and body care department featuring a variety of local products and supplements; and
- An expansive selection of beer and wine from local producers.
To celebrate joining the community, 5 percent of the store’s net sales on Wednesday, Aug. 14, will benefit Toledo GROWs, a nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting Toledo’s community gardens and educating the public about the value of local and nutritious food.
Whole Foods Market Toledo will employ approximately 100 full- and part-time team members. Following the grand opening, the store will be open from 8 a.m.-9 p.m. daily.
Whole Foods Market has 10 additional stores in Ohio.